Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kyrie Irving: we already named a city after him!
(02-05-2023, 04:23 PM)cow Wrote: KP was a model citizen so this could be similar but also way different.

Sure, but I just mean they did the calculus beforehand, like with KP. They decided to meet his contractual demands BEFORE making the trade. Whether or not they've "assured" him of it is semantics and irrelevant. 

They WILL give him what he wants, contractually, and he WILL sign it, because not many, if any, other teams are that stupid. Now, what happens next October, I can't predict. Will he find a way to stay here and steal Cuban's money for not playing, or will he try to force another trade to a team where he can steal money while hanging out with his friends? It might be interesting to find out. 

Regardless, this is the single worst thing the Mavs could've done. It's amazing to me that anyone can spend as much time as we do observing how the Mavs and NBA work and somehow think this is a good thing. This is an extinction level event that will prematurely end the Luka era in Dallas. That era is dead already, just wakling around on its feet still.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE REQUEST: Kyrie demands trade or he walks | LAL, DAL, PHX, & LAC interested? - by KillerLeft - 02-05-2023, 04:29 PM