Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kyrie Irving: we already named a city after him!
(02-05-2023, 04:08 PM)F Gump Wrote: I respect Stein and him telling us what is being said (at least to him).

But according to what they paid to get him, barring him being a disaster between now and then, you can rest assured they will do "Whatever It Takes" to sign Kyrie to a new deal. They aren't stripping all these assets for a player that they aren't internally committed to keeping for the long term. Even Cuban isn't THAT stupid. (Nor is Kyrie's agent.)

I think Cuban's angle via MS is an attempt to own some leverage with Kyrie, a form of pre-negotiation through the press. "We might give him something, but certainly not everything, we might offer 2 years." And I think it's weak and pointless, which seems par for the course when Cuban negotiates, but it is what it is.

I wanted Kyrie to come with an e&t, 2 more years already set in stone, as condition for the cost. But the horse is already out of the barn, it would seem, so that is that.

They can't do a 4 year deal now anyway. I guess they are also not really allowed to announce it in advance.

In any case, I think Mavs have until end of this season. So Irving has the motivation to behave to get his huge contract he can't get anywhere else. We can only hope 6 months of behaving Irving will be enough to win it all. I doubt it, but at least it is interesting.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE REQUEST: Kyrie demands trade or he walks | LAL, DAL, PHX, & LAC interested? - by omahen - 02-05-2023, 04:16 PM