Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kyrie Irving: we already named a city after him!
(02-05-2023, 04:08 PM)F Gump Wrote: I respect Stein and him telling us what is being said (at least to him).

But according to what they paid to get him, barring him being a disaster between now and then, you can rest assured they will do "Whatever It Takes" to sign Kyrie to a new deal. They aren't stripping all these assets for a player that they aren't internally committed to keeping for the long term. Even Cuban isn't THAT stupid. (Nor is Kyrie's agent.)

I think Cuban's angle via MS is an attempt to own some leverage with Kyrie, a form of pre-negotiation through the press. "We might give him something, but certainly not everything, we might offer 2 years." And I think it's weak and pointless, which seems par for the course when Cuban negotiates, but it is what it is.

I wanted Kyrie to come with an e&t, 2 more years already set in stone, as condition for the cost. But the horse is already out of the barn, it would seem, so that is that.

Lets just say that the Mavs are experts when it comes to letting players walk for nothing. Unless I see a signed contract I am not go to trust any word coming out of Cuban´s or Harrison´s mouth.
[-] The following 3 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • BoredAssistant, From Dirk to Luka, SleepingHero
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE REQUEST: Kyrie demands trade or he walks | LAL, DAL, PHX, & LAC interested? - by dirkfansince1998 - 02-05-2023, 04:10 PM