Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kyrie Irving: we already named a city after him!
(02-04-2023, 10:47 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: Hollinger has Dallas 5th of 9 in his potential ranking for Kyrie

I expect the Mavericks to kick the tires on Irving deals to see if they can dump some bad contracts, but ultimately I don’t expect them to come that strong. First of all, because they can’t — Dallas just doesn’t have a ton of good assets or expiring contracts to put into a deal.

Second, because of the risk factor that Irving could poison things badly enough in Big D for Luka Dončić to decide he’s seen enough and wants out; he wouldn’t be the first Irving teammate to reach that conclusion.

Dallas could construct a deal that sends the Nets old friend Spencer Dinwiddie, plus Tim Haradaway Jr. and a “first available” first-rounder, which likely conveys in 2025. Is that enough? I doubt it. Dallas’ contracts are slightly better than Miami’s, and the Mavs may be a bit more desperate at the moment, but ultimately the risk factor of losing Luka seems to make the downside worse here than almost any place else.
Taken from the other thread.

Can we please get the info from the 4 teams that have the better assets to give? When people say this, in this instance, I can’t take them seriously. The Mavs have THE BEST assets that they could give up in this instance to the team wanting to compete now. Sure, the Suns have better assets than the Mavs, but they aren’t moving those. Sure, all the other teams have better assets, but none of them are going to offer those assets in this trade.

The Mavs are in the drivers seat at this table. What they can extract from being here is all in the negotiating prowess of Nico. I don’t think Cuban is negotiating, neither is Kidd. They are the yappy dogs in the background egging Nico on.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • F Gump
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE REQUEST: Kyrie demands trade or he walks | LAL, DAL, MIA, & PHX interested? - by ItsGoTime - 02-04-2023, 11:56 AM