Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kyrie Irving: we already named a city after him!
Dinwiddie and Wood make the most sense. Upgrade Dinwiddie into Kyrie. If Wood won’t sign a new deal we should trade him anyway. If all it takes is something like this then we should do it. This team is going nowhere and this is a low cost shakeup. It lets test out an all star with Luka(something Dirk NEVER got). That alone has some value. 

It doesn’t really hamper us if it doesn’t work out and we don’t extend. We still have all our picks for a trade. If it does work out we’re the immediate favorites of the West. There won’t be many opportunities better than this
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/LawMurrayTheNU/statu...9778359297
Like Reply
(02-04-2023, 09:35 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: It lets test out an all star with Luka(something Dirk NEVER got)
Josh Howard is staring at you.
Like Reply
(02-04-2023, 09:35 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/LawMurrayTheNU/statu...9778359297

With the lack of assets the Clippers have if they are even in the discussion to make a “strong offer” then I’d be surprised if LAL is putting both picks on the table in three team deals. Dallas certainly can better a Clips offer with Dinwiddie/Wood. 

Either that or the Clips report is just to put pressure on LAL
Like Reply
(02-04-2023, 09:55 PM)Okstate819 Wrote: With the lack of assets the Clippers have if they are even in the discussion to make a “strong offer” then I’d be surprised if LAL is putting both picks on the table in three team deals. Dallas certainly can better a Clips offer with Dinwiddie/Wood. 

Either that or the Clips report is just to put pressure on LAL

Yeah I can see both being true. 

1) I don't think BKN is going to get much at all for Kyrie. 

2) I bet LAC is being roped into this to create pressure on LAL.
Like Reply
(02-04-2023, 09:35 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: Dinwiddie and Wood make the most sense. Upgrade Dinwiddie into Kyrie. If Wood won’t sign a new deal we should trade him anyway. If all it takes is something like this then we should do it. This team is going nowhere and this is a low cost shakeup. It lets test out an all star with Luka(something Dirk NEVER got). That alone has some value. 

It doesn’t really hamper us if it doesn’t work out and we don’t extend. We still have all our picks for a trade. If it does work out we’re the immediate favorites of the West. There won’t be many opportunities better than this

I would rather have Russ and the two LA firsts than Kyrie.  Then send Timmy and the protected first for Collins.
Like Reply
(02-04-2023, 09:40 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Josh Howard is staring at you.

Dirk just got to play with a Hall of Fame point guard, a DPOY, a sixth man of the year, and a four time all star on a talent laden NBA championship team.
Like Reply
(02-04-2023, 11:07 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Dirk just got to play with a Hall of Fame point guard, a DPOY, a sixth man of the year, and a four time all star on a talent laden NBA championship team.
So Josh Howard isn't staring at him?
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/HoopAnalysisNet/stat...4730517505
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/_Talkin_NBA/status/1...1142942721
Like Reply
(02-04-2023, 10:02 PM)mvossman Wrote: I would rather have Russ and the two LA firsts than Kyrie.  Then send Timmy and the protected first for Collins.
I don’t think two LA firsts is on the table for us. A team like Utah has much more desirable pieces to send to Brooklyn that would demand and be deserving of both LA picks. Where the mavs come into play is if LA tries to get the deal done with one FRP. 

Mavs: WB, Lonnie Walker, LAL FRP

Nets: Beverley, Bullock, Wood

Lakers: Irving, Hardaway, Bertans

If we get both picks then probably DFS or Dinwiddie are involved. I don’t think it’s worth it at that point and i don’t think Luka would be happy. So i don’t think we do it
Like Reply
Suns: Kyrie, Simmons, Patty Mills

Nets: CP3, Ayton, Crowder, Shamet

Even match of $. Who says no?
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 08:24 AM)Jason Terry Wrote: Suns: Kyrie, Simmons, Patty Mills

Nets: CP3, Ayton, Crowder, Shamet

Even match of $. Who says no?

Phoenix.
Like Reply
i don't think we can get him without losing a few future picks. if Nets demand just one pick then i think it's worth a try, low risk investment that may possibly deliver big rewards imho. Dude will hopefully play hard to earn himself another big contract in summer so I think he can make some positive impacts. If it doesn't work out so well, just let him walk. THJ and Bertans ain't guys worth holding on to. Mavs would just give up some expiring trashes plus maybe a decent player in wood who isn't likely going to re-sign anyway.
Like Reply
(02-04-2023, 09:35 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: Dinwiddie and Wood make the most sense. Upgrade Dinwiddie into Kyrie. If Wood won’t sign a new deal we should trade him anyway. If all it takes is something like this then we should do it. This team is going nowhere and this is a low cost shakeup. It lets test out an all star with Luka(something Dirk NEVER got). That alone has some value. 

I don't want to go after Kyrie for a variety of reasons, but if you do it, you go all in.  You are looking to win it all now.  In that case, Din + Wood makes the most sense.  If you are going with the Luka/Kyrie show, then the goal should be to surround those two with as much defense as you can.  You need a center so you send Timmy and a pick for Collins.  You play Green anytime either of them are off the court as the secondary playmaker.  You surround with as much 3&D as you can.  That will probably be the best offense in the league and can probably sneak into the top 10 defensively.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • AgGiE1991
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 07:34 AM)Jason Terry Wrote: I don’t think two LA firsts is on the table for us. A team like Utah has much more desirable pieces to send to Brooklyn that would demand and be deserving of both LA picks. Where the mavs come into play is if LA tries to get the deal done with one FRP. 

Mavs: WB, Lonnie Walker, LAL FRP

Nets: Beverley, Bullock, Wood

Lakers: Irving, Hardaway, Bertans

If we get both picks then probably DFS or Dinwiddie are involved. I don’t think it’s worth it at that point and i don’t think Luka would be happy. So i don’t think we do it

I have been vocally against tearing the team apart for meager assets, but if there is any chance you can get an LA first for Dinwiddie or Dorian, you have to do it.  Those picks will be so valuable.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 11:23 AM)mvossman Wrote: if there is any chance you can get an LA first for Dinwiddie or Dorian, you have to do it.  Those picks will be so valuable.

AMEN.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/...1571779585
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...3305823233
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...1633296384
Like Reply