Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 36: HOU (10-25) @ DAL (20-16) | 129-114 win
Is it me or is Luka pushing the fastbreak and the ball as much as he has in a long time?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
HOU is allowing Luka and Powell to play pick and roll basketball (had almost forgotten what that looks like) and are paying the price.

(12-29-2022, 09:32 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Is it me or is Luka pushing the fastbreak and the ball as much as he has in a long time?

I think it’s the team playing faster in transition without the ball, but you might be right.
Like Reply
I was going to say he looks tired and then saw he has 21/7/7.  Goodness.
Like Reply
Pretty good half for the Mavs, all things considered.
Like Reply
Going back and forth between games but I have liked what I have seen from Wright the last few games.  Working his butt off and looks like he belongs on the floor.  He is providing nice minutes to a team who is depleted with injuries.
Like Reply
[Image: meinlprofessionalwoodblockforpercussion.jpg][Image: meinlprofessionalwoodblockforpercussion.jpg][Image: meinlprofessionalwoodblockforpercussion.jpg][Image: meinlprofessionalwoodblockforpercussion.jpg][Image: meinlprofessionalwoodblockforpercussion.jpg]
Like Reply
I'm no expert on the Rockets, but I would put the ball in Green's hands as much as possible.  Who is going to stop him?
Like Reply
Finally somebody said it: why can´t Luka just throw full-court fast break passes all the time. He grabs so many rebounds, the others just need to run the floor and he´ll find them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
I LOVE Luka pushing the ball like this. I don't think I can remember any game where he has done it so consistently like this.
Like Reply
(12-29-2022, 10:25 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I LOVE Luka pushing the ball like this. I don't think I can remember any game where he has done so consistently like this.

I agree that adding scoring in transition has been key tonight and a welcome surprise. I really don’t think he’s the one doing anything differently, however. I think the others are just running the floor, finally. Maybe he’s looking for them a little bit more, too, not sure. But it’s not like he is pushing the ball off the dribble much.

Either way, they need to mix this in much more often.
Like Reply
A Luka who pushes the ball like this is a game changer for the ceiling of this team.
Like Reply
I can't recall a player having a week like this.
Like Reply
Omg Javale
Like Reply
You gotta love it!
Like Reply
Hahahahaha Hardy made Pinson take that run the clock out turnover, and Pinson looked pissed about it!
Like Reply
Didn't get to catch the game but just watched highlights.  Looks like Dwight was all over the place.  I don't love Bertans as everyone knows but it is pretty amazing that he is our best fast break player.  How'd my boy Hardy look?
Like Reply
(12-29-2022, 08:52 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Didn’t mention it, but quite the crazy lineup to start with tonight. 

Crazy in what was written in the scorebook, but not so odd otherwise. In reality, no one is really at an abnormal position.

C - Wood
F - Luka, Hardaway
G - Dinwiddie, Ntilikina
Like Reply
Boban might be among the top 5 most beloved players to ever play for the Mavs. His garbage time cameo was great. Also didn´t hurt that he dominated McGee.
Like Reply
John Hollinger on Twitter: "Rockets transition D remains a total embarrassment. Gave up 25 FB points to Mavs last night - a feat previously thought impossible. Several instances where Mavs weren't even looking to run til they realized they had a dunk, like this one. PS nice effort KPJ: https://t.co/S3BX5opQbz" / Twitter
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Credit for the Mavs looking to get easy baskets but the Rockets defense has been a disaster for awhile.  Last night was no difference.

https://twitter.com/johnhollinger/status...84834?s=61&t=TnHlKIL67AHpP76mx8TEFg
Like Reply