Poll: Delon Nickname
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Timeskipper
40.00%
4 40.00%
4thDimension
20.00%
2 20.00%
Other
40.00%
4 40.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Delon "Warp" Wright: All things from the 4th Dimension
(11-26-2019, 04:33 PM)Magickian Wrote: I like D Warp too... it connotes the sort of Warpspeed idea I was around, and it touches the initial ideas that Psych suggested...

but this is the one imo!

D Warp. it is a name you can chant and yell in a stadium. Three syllables make for the perfect nickname.

The problem I have with this name is that it sounds bad.
Like Reply
meh it sounds way better than any of our previous suggestions imo

you can actually yell out D WARP! it would be fun to yell at the screen and in the stadium...

you cant yell any of the other ones so they just wont work as a nickname...
Like Reply
What about Twist
Like Reply
Our differences in what sounds good might be rooted in our language and culture differences 

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
(11-26-2019, 05:44 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Our differences in what sounds good might be rooted in our language and culture differences 

[Image: giphy.gif]

Maybe, but there are obviously many ways to pronounce d.warp.
Like Reply
(11-26-2019, 05:47 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Maybe, but there are obviously many ways to pronounce d.warp.

Really?!?! Interesting, I had no idea

It's Dee Warp
Like Reply
(11-26-2019, 05:52 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(11-26-2019, 05:47 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Maybe, but there are obviously many ways to pronounce d.warp.

Really?!?! Interesting, I had no idea

It's Dee Warp
Oh, I thought it was pronounced Deez Nuts.
Like Reply
(11-26-2019, 05:56 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Oh, I thought it was pronounced Deez Nuts.

LOL, you must have had a fun day at work, you're like 10 times funnier today than normal!
Like Reply
yeah I dont see how you can pronounce D Warp wrong... unless you try to do some chicken sound which any normal person wouldn't do hahaha

it sounds like WAR with a P sound at the end... 

if you sound it out like a chicken with the accent over the arp then idk what to tell that person hahaha they sound words wrong
Like Reply
(11-26-2019, 05:59 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(11-26-2019, 05:56 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Oh, I thought it was pronounced Deez Nuts.

LOL, you must have had a fun day at work, you're like 10 times funnier today than normal!
Oh, I apologize for my previous attempts at humor.  Shy
Like Reply
Only thing I can say bad about Delon "D Warp" Wright is about his minutes. He should be getting more!

Absolutely love this kid and his game! I'd love to see him a little more aggressive at least on his drives cause if it goes bad he's smart enough to just dribble out or pass out and reset. High IQ, High Defense, High Efficient player! Big fan so far!
Like Reply
Let's settle for Warptime
Like Reply
His best game of the season. He just needs to be agressive.
Like Reply
I wish he would shoot in PnR when guys go under, which they all do since he never shoots over screens. I don't see why he couldn't make that shot.
Like Reply
I see him as a hesitant 3 point shooter and passes up a lot of open threes.
Hope he continues to work on his 3 and build up his confidence in taking them, as that is key especially when he is on the court with Luka
Like Reply
(12-01-2019, 04:58 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Let's settle for Warptime

I don't think we're going to agree on a nickname pal. All of our tastes in such things seem to very different.

But we can agree that he played great tonight!!
Like Reply
D Warp is the best I have heard... I dont like Timeskipper or WarpTime or Warpspeed or Hyperdrive nearly as much

I think D Warp is the perfect 3 syllable nickname to chant. There is a rule to making nicknames that can be chanted and straight from the minister of propaganda himself, Goebbels, three syllables work the best hahaha

of course his character isnt a good reference but he clearly knew how to create chants for crowds...

D Warp to me is it... unless someone finds something better, but I haven't heard it yet
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/All_Things_Mavs/stat...5864289280
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(12-01-2019, 10:29 PM)Magickian Wrote: D Warp is the best I have heard... I dont like Timeskipper or WarpTime or Warpspeed or Hyperdrive nearly as much

I think D Warp is the perfect 3 syllable nickname to chant. There is a rule to making nicknames that can be chanted and straight from the minister of propaganda himself, Goebbels, three syllables work the best hahaha

of course his character isnt a good reference but he clearly knew how to create chants for crowds...

D Warp to me is it... unless someone finds something better, but I haven't heard it yet
I like D Warp.  Solid.  

That said, how are you pronouncing D Warp to get 3 syllables out of it?
Like Reply
(12-02-2019, 12:51 AM)Mavsfan12 Wrote: I like D Warp.  Solid.  

That said, how are you pronouncing D Warp to get 3 syllables out of it?

D is a syllable, War is a syllable, and then the P sound... you can't say Warp in one syllable... they both flow together easy so it sounds like almost one, but its clearly two different sounds and therefore syllables

so if you were chanting out loud... it would be obvious because otherwise you are just yelling D War

I just looked it up and sites are saying warp is one syllable but I dont see how... I thought when a consonant has a hard sound it makes a new syllable...... it sounds like two
Like Reply