Poll: Delon Nickname
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Timeskipper
40.00%
4 40.00%
4thDimension
20.00%
2 20.00%
Other
40.00%
4 40.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Delon "Warp" Wright: All things from the 4th Dimension
Tongue 
He deserves his own thread as well. He is so invisible, he spends so much time in his own dimension, skipping in and out of it like Nightcrawler. His time warping ability is amazing.

Just slipped out of my consciousness. 

Amazing ability to controll the flow of the game, he reminds me of Kuroko from Kuroko no Basuke Anime Wink.
Like Reply
Pretty happy with the way he is playing on most nights but I would love to see him play a little bit more agressive on offense...especially when Luka is on the bench. He only takes wide open shots or layups and that´s obviously a great thing whent the offense has no problem to create great looks but sometimes he has an open 3 or a driving lane and hesitates just long enough for a defender to get back in position.
To sum it up. Great within the flow of the offense but not able to step up and create something when the team is struggling.
Like Reply
Him and Seth were about the only pairing I disagreed with from the Houston game. Both of them were so passive out there. Delon needs to spend him time next to Luka or Brunson so he can do what he does best.
Like Reply
(11-25-2019, 05:09 PM)matt6715 Wrote: Him and Seth were about the only pairing I disagreed with from the Houston game.  Both of them were so passive out there.  Delon needs to spend him time next to Luka or Brunson so he can do what he does best.

I saw the same thing. Delon is a solid ball handler but I believe as the main, primary ball handler he struggles. Same thing happened in one of the NYK games iirc, which led to a big comeback for the opponent. 

Overall, Delon is as steady as it comes. His defense is a breath of fresh air and looks to be a great teammate on/off the court. Him and Brunson are the only two besides Luka who attack the basket, which is sorely needed when we shoot as many 3's as we do.

Delon is not a good shot creator though, which is why I think him as the sole initiator hurts; defenses aren't threatened by him.

His best pairing is with Brunson, they are a +17.9 when on the court together. His worst is with Seth "Starter" Curry at -13.6
Like Reply
(11-25-2019, 05:28 PM)Fuerza1 Wrote:
(11-25-2019, 05:09 PM)matt6715 Wrote: Him and Seth were about the only pairing I disagreed with from the Houston game.  Both of them were so passive out there.  Delon needs to spend him time next to Luka or Brunson so he can do what he does best.

I saw the same thing. Delon is a solid ball handler but I believe as the main, primary ball handler he struggles. Same thing happened in one of the NYK games iirc, which led to a big comeback for the opponent. 

Overall, Delon is as steady as it comes. His defense is a breath of fresh air and looks to be a great teammate on/off the court. Him and Brunson are the only two besides Luka who attack the basket, which is sorely needed when we shoot as many 3's as we do.

Delon is not a good shot creator though, which is why I think him as the sole initiator hurts; defenses aren't threatened by him.

His best pairing is with Brunson, they are a +17.9 when on the court together. His worst is with Seth "Starter" Curry at -13.6

Matches the eyetest as well.

Delon fits well with Brunson. What also works in short stints was Delon, Brunson + Curry.

As of right now Curry has the oddest fit on the team. But Carlisle cannot start him, he plays well gets I'll, his replacement is far better and then he isn't playing at all anymore.

Seth and Jalen are already the most difficult to handle personalities on the team.
Like Reply
Timeskipper 

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
(11-25-2019, 05:33 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Matches the eyetest as well.

Delon fits well with Brunson. What also works in short stints was Delon, Brunson + Curry.

As of right now Curry has the oddest fit on the team. But Carlisle cannot start him, he plays well gets I'll, his replacement is far better and then he isn't playing at all anymore.

Seth and Jalen are already the most difficult to handle personalities on the team.

I think you are mistaken on the personalities. Seth and Brunson are both team first guys. You will never hear about them complaining about their role. They are both second generation NBA players and understand how to be a pro since they were born. 

The only issue is politically, where Carlisle needs to make a decision. 

Seth got the long term contract this past summer, which is honestly the only reason why he's been pushed as much as he has. Jackson/Brunson have played better than him in far less time. They are also the youngest players on the team besides Luka and deserve to be rewarded with more consistent playing time.

Contrary to belief, I like Seth but he is arguably the most expendable player on the team.

EDIT: back to Delon, I vote timeskipper.
Like Reply
(11-25-2019, 05:46 PM)Fuerza1 Wrote:
(11-25-2019, 05:33 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Matches the eyetest as well.

I think you are mistaken on the personalities. Seth and Brunson are both team first guys. You will never hear about them complaining about their role. They are both second generation NBA players and understand how to be a pro since they were born. 

The only issue is politically, where Carlisle needs to make a decision. 

Seth got the long term contract this past summer, which is honestly the only reason why he's been pushed as much as he has. Jackson/Brunson have played better than him in far less time. They are also the youngest players on the team besides Luka and deserve to be rewarded with more consistent playing time.

Contrary to belief, I like Seth but he is arguably the most expendable player on the team.

EDIT: back to Delon, I vote timeskipper.

I don't mean difficult in the sense of them having bad personalities. It's just their nastyness and drive. They are not guys to take a backseat long-term.

https://youtu.be/QYxpY-U37aY
Like Reply
If THJ is going to go nuclear from here on out and hit 50% of his threes (obviously unlikely), there's no need for Seth other than injury insurance and the occasional change of pace. That's not really a knock on Seth, it's just the way the rotation is. Of course, THJ will probably come out and go 1-8 on threes against the Clippers... so it's tough
Like Reply
Those are all close but too weird... I know he isn't the fastest but I kind of like

"Warpspeed" it sounds more like a nickname

something along these lines but we are close. "Hyperdrive" or something though that one is not as good as Warpspeed.
Like Reply
(11-25-2019, 08:37 PM)Magickian Wrote: Those are all close but too weird... I know he isn't the fastest but I kind of like

something along these lines but we are close. "Hyperdrive" or something though that one is not as good as Warpspeed.
But his power of speed isn't what makes him stick out.

It's his weird way of having his own speed, he warps and skips the flow of time. It's dimensionbreaking, distorting.
Like Reply
Delon Wright is the 2nd best slasher to the basket after Luka. Even better than Luka at times but man he gets chicken shit scared when he has a wide open 3. That's his biggest flaw to his game. Overall amazing pickup in the offseason by the mavs.
Like Reply
(11-25-2019, 08:46 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote:
(11-25-2019, 08:37 PM)Magickian Wrote: Those are all close but too weird... I know he isn't the fastest but I kind of like

But his power of speed isn't what makes him stick out.

It's his weird way of having his own speed, he warps and skips the flow of time. It's dimensionbreaking, distorting.

that is precisely why I mentioned it isn't about his TOP speed, but rather his ability to WARP which in the context of warpspeed does connote the idea of superspeeds so I said it isn't perfect but I like the idea we are around I just dont think we hit it as I dont like fourth dimension at all, and timeskipper sounds really silly and not strong... 

but I think the premise of timeskipper and warpspeed are on the right page and we are close but that was my entire point... 

neither are it, but I think we are close

which btw I dont mean any disrespect to your ideas... I think it is a great idea and a great start... but I just dont think we are there yet
Like Reply
What does it mean to Apparate?

From Latin apparātus. To appear (magically) out of nowhere to deflect a pass, steal a basketball, or get an easy bucket under the rim, as in "Delon Wright looked to drive right then quickly apparated under the rim for an easy and-one."
Like Reply
(11-26-2019, 10:16 AM)vfromlmf Wrote: What does it mean to Apparate?

From Latin apparātus. To appear (magically) out of nowhere to deflect a pass, steal a basketball, or get an easy bucket under the rim, as in "Delon Wright looked to drive right then quickly apparated under the rim for an easy and-one."
Like Reply
Too bad Matrix is already taken.

But....Neo :-)

Time Jumper

The Magician

Timewarp

Spacewarp

Warp

I got it!!!

D Warp
Like Reply
(11-26-2019, 11:37 AM)fifteenth Wrote: Too bad Matrix is already taken.

But....Neo :-)

Time Jumper

The Magician

Timewarp

Spacewarp

Warp

I got it!!!

D Warp

Neo is taken for Luka.
Like Reply
D.Warp!

D for Delon. D for Defense. W for Warp. W for Wright. 

D.Warp

Delon is always in D Wright place! 

Like Reply
I like D Warp.
Like Reply
I like D Warp too... it connotes the sort of Warpspeed idea I was around, and it touches the initial ideas that Psych suggested...

but this is the one imo!

D Warp. it is a name you can chant and yell in a stadium. Three syllables make for the perfect nickname.
Like Reply