Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
THJ (+4, 29 pts, 3 stl, 2 ast, 3 rbd)
81.25%
26 81.25%
DFS (-4, 19 pts, 3 stl, 3 ast, 1 rbd)
12.50%
4 12.50%
Wood (+9, 14 pts, 1 blk, 2 stl, 2 ast, 6 rbd)
6.25%
2 6.25%
Total 32 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 24 DIRKIE: Winner THJ (81%)
Alright...I'll man up and give the Dirkie to THJ...again.  Though I still think he's a flash of fools gold.  I like him!  I do.  I like his intensity, his effort.  I like parts of his game.  I like when he's squared up to the basket....he can make them then.  It's those damn kangaroo rat hop and pirouette shots that I hate.  And he only looks to shoot his shot...not make the best play for the team.  But he's hot right now so he gets my Dirkie.

Followed closely by DFS and Wood--in that order.

Good effort from Powell and Kleber.  I generally say you need 4 players in double figures--we had 5 tonight--with good effort by several others to win games.

Did anyone notice that Luka got a ho hum 22 point triple double?  Why do we bother to let him play if he can't do any better than that?  Disgraceful.  10 rebounds, 12 assists.  He can do better than that!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ballsrchr's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
Gonna give it to Luka as he was coaching the guys up quite a bit in the 4th. He barked at Dorian on more than one occasion to be in the correct spot and found him for the game icing 3.

(12-07-2022, 03:59 AM)ballsrchr Wrote: Though I still think he's a flash of fools gold

You can say that again!!!
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Interesting to see Luka hesitate on catch-and-shoot opportunities from the corner. Seemed obvious he was there in an effort to reduce his usage and thereby save some wind for late. But that didn’t look like a position he was accustomed to playing. And it didn’t come naturally to him either. 

Tim in the corner, on the other hand . . . . Also like that pick & pop they run from about 28 feet. Wasn’t that a KP play? Those are shoes Timmy can fill.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
(12-07-2022, 12:33 PM)The Jom Wrote: Interesting to see Luka hesitate on catch-and-shoot opportunities from the corner. Seemed obvious he was there in an effort to reduce his usage and thereby save some wind for late. But that didn’t look like a position he was accustomed to playing. And it didn’t come naturally to him either. 

Tim in the corner, on the other hand . . . . Also like that pick & pop they run from about 28 feet. Wasn’t that a KP play? Those are shoes Timmy can fill.

Yeah,  they also run where someone picks for Hardaway.   Especially at the beginning of the games.  

I wonder if they decide who screens depending on who Luka wants the switch against?  If they are doubling Luka, I would recommend Bullock is not the screener.   It seems like he was in the second half for stretches.   Bullock is no threat unless he is wide open.  Added to the fact he is hesitating or throwing bricks.   I think I would leave him in the corner and hope he hits a few shots.
Like Reply
(12-07-2022, 12:36 AM)Kammrath Wrote: Who was the player of the game who elevated his game to help the team win?

Good to see DFS finally remember why the Mavs gave him that extension.

(Not that I can blame anyone who voted for THJ)
Like Reply
[Image: usa_today_19578671.jpg]
Like Reply