Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
THJ (+4, 29 pts, 3 stl, 2 ast, 3 rbd)
81.25%
26 81.25%
DFS (-4, 19 pts, 3 stl, 3 ast, 1 rbd)
12.50%
4 12.50%
Wood (+9, 14 pts, 1 blk, 2 stl, 2 ast, 6 rbd)
6.25%
2 6.25%
Total 32 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 24 DIRKIE: Winner THJ (81%)
Brick 
Who was the player of the game who elevated his game to help the team win?
Like Reply
This is one of the best THJ games I can remember. That missed ft was scary, but he carried the team through 4 quarters offensively and was the only one I saw who had any defensive success against Gordon. He only deterred 40% of his touches, but come on, he’s giving up like 50-60 pounds in that matchup. 

Give the man his flowers.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • The Jom
Like Reply
The guy that Josh Green is better than.
Like Reply
It's frustrating that he's so inconsistent, but you can't deny Tim gives us another dimension when he's hot.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
[-] The following 1 user Likes IamDougieFresh's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Hardaway.   I was wrong on how I envisioned his game.  I thought he needs to be a Clarkson/Poole type player.  He is not that guy because he is not best creating shots for himself.  He can do it, but just not great or efficient.   Playing with Luka, we see very little of him dancing at the three point line taking contested shots.   He is best playing off good players and getting open shots.   That is his value.   He will have stinkers but he has been getting good looks since starting.   His Dad should be on the Mavs payroll.    He seems to play well after his Dad comes to his games.
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • KillerLeft, mvossman
Like Reply
finally seeing the guy who was our second best player when we nearly knocked off the Clippers
Like Reply
(12-07-2022, 12:48 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: Hardaway.   I was wrong on how I envisioned his game.  I thought he needs to be a Clarkson/Poole type player.  He is not that guy because he is not best creating shots for himself.  He can do it, but just not great or efficient.   Playing with Luka, we see very little of him dancing at the three point line taking contested shots.   He is best playing off good players and getting open shots.   That is his value.   He will have stinkers but he has been getting good looks since starting.   His Dad should be on the Mavs payroll.    He seems to play well after his Dad comes to his games.

I have been selling this for 4 years. Glad someone finally sees what I see. Was starting to think I was insane.

(12-07-2022, 12:47 AM)cow Wrote: The guy that Josh Green is better than.

I knew you wouldn’t do the right thing, hater!
Like Reply
Even the missed free throw turned oil to be a positive play for THJ. He’s on a heater.
Like Reply
That was a Ray Allen game tonight.
Like Reply
(12-07-2022, 12:54 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: That was a Ray Allen game tonight.

Blasphemous.  Ray Allen hits those free throws.

(12-07-2022, 12:50 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: I knew you wouldn’t do the right thing, hater!

Dorian was clutch.  Tim, not so much.
Like Reply
(12-07-2022, 12:56 AM)cow Wrote: Blasphemous.  Ray Allen hits those free throws.

Probably true, but things happen. The second, purposeful miss was expertly done, however. Made sure it was low and to the right to avoid an unpredictable long rebound.
Like Reply
(12-07-2022, 12:58 AM)KillerLeft Wrote:  purposeful miss

[Image: doubt-press-x.gif]
Like Reply
(12-07-2022, 12:59 AM)cow Wrote: [Image: doubt-press-x.gif]

Well, if the intentional appearance of it didn’t convince you, I would think kidd running down the sideline screaming at him to miss it would have, but I can’t make you believe something.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply
Mavs just had the better superstar in this game. Denver had the back to back MVP but Mavs had Junior.
Like Reply
(12-07-2022, 01:00 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Well, if the intentional appearance of it didn’t convince you, I would think kidd running down the sideline screaming at him to miss it would have, but I can’t make you believe something.

Kidd running down the sideline screaming makes me think I'm right.
Like Reply
(12-07-2022, 01:00 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Well, if the intentional appearance of it didn’t convince you, I would think kidd running down the sideline screaming at him to miss it would have, but I can’t make you believe something.

If this is true and Kidd was really asking him to miss the second FT, then Kidd was relaying team intentions which he shouldn't have.

Kidd should have instructions for THJ in scenarios where he makes the first or not.
Like Reply
(12-07-2022, 12:59 AM)cow Wrote: [Image: doubt-press-x.gif]

BTW, is La Noir a fun game?
Like Reply
(12-07-2022, 01:06 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: BTW, is La Noir a fun game?

Not in my opinion but I'm a harsh critic.
Like Reply
I'll go DFS. I'm starting to expect this out of starter Hardaway. DFS had regressed pretty hard this season so far after getting his contract so it was really nice to see this out of him tonight
[-] The following 1 user Likes MrGoat's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply
(12-07-2022, 01:12 AM)MrGoat Wrote: I'll go DFS. I'm starting to expect this out of starter Hardaway. DFS had regressed pretty hard this season so far after getting his contract so it was really nice to see this out of him tonight

To be fair, Dorian got that contract in the middle of last season and seemed to play even better after.
Like Reply