Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 23: PHX (16-8) @ DAL (12-11) | 130-111 win
(12-05-2022, 10:37 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Is Luka going to actually get some extra rest on the first night of a b2b?

If they start to defend and rebound again. But the Mavs have blown bigger leads.

Frank > Hardy

I guess...
Like Reply
Hardy gets two and half instead of six minutes.  Thanks, Jason.
[-] The following 2 users Like cow's post:
  • BasketballJones41, IamDougieFresh
Like Reply
At this point I would like to see Frank get some of Bullock's minutes.
[-] The following 4 users Like mvossman's post:
  • ballsrchr, BasketballJones41, Kammrath, Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
NBA leaders in isolation frequency:

1) Harden - 36.2%
2) SD - 27.5%
3) Luka - 26.0%
4) Embiid - 22.6%
Like Reply
(12-05-2022, 10:42 PM)mvossman Wrote: At this point I would like to see Frank get some of Bullock's minutes.

I seriously don't know why this hasn't happened yet.
Should have been 10 games ago.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo's post:
  • BasketballJones41
Like Reply
So does McGee get the Boban role only no one wants to see him play?
Like Reply
Hardy dominating.
Like Reply
Wood loves Hardy.
Like Reply
Hardy showing this board who HIM really is.
Like Reply
Wood took the ball (to avoid Hardy attempting another shot LOL).
[-] The following 1 user Likes Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo's post:
  • BasketballJones41
Like Reply
[Image: giphy-downsized-large.gif]
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
Getting closer to the best possible rotation. Green basically playing starter minutes. Bullock losing more and more minutes. McGee DNP coaches decision.
Remaining questions. THJ has great chemistry with Luka. Should SD move to bench. Should Green start. How does that work knowing that SD and Wood have zero chemistry. They would have to play most of their minutes next to each other.

I know that a lot of members still want to see Wood in the starting five. For now I am jumping of that train. He just hasn´t shown enough on defense to fill the role of Powell or Kleber. Mavs are asking their bigs to rotate all over the floor and he isn´t able or willing to do that.
[-] The following 4 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • F Gump, HoosierDaddyKid, KillerLeft, mvossman
Like Reply
I love when guys generally don’t like each other on the court.  Luka and booker don’t like each other.  Fun times.
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(12-05-2022, 11:02 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Getting closer to the best possible rotation. Green basically playing starter minutes. Bullock losing more and more minutes. McGee DNP coaches decision.
Remaining questions. THJ has great chemistry with Luka. Should SD move to bench. Should Green start. How does that work knowing that SD and Wood have zero chemistry. They would have to play most of their minutes next to each other.

I know that a lot of members still want to see Wood in the starting five. For now I am jumping of that train. He just hasn´t shown enough on defense to fill the role of Powell or Kleber. Mavs are asking their bigs to rotate all over the floor and he isn´t able or willing to do that.

Nico needs to start shopping Dinwiddie and Bullock.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • BasketballJones41
Like Reply
(12-05-2022, 11:02 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Getting closer to the best possible rotation. Green basically playing starter minutes. Bullock losing more and more minutes. McGee DNP coaches decision.

Yep.  The final step right now is to replace Din with Green in the starting lineup.  Actually the final step is to trade Wood + Bullock for Collins and let Powell play on the second unit with Din (and maybe sooner than thought Hardy).
[-] The following 2 users Like mvossman's post:
  • Paul Gasol, Smitty
Like Reply
Yeah hopefully we can figure some way to turn Wood into someone who would be a better long term fit
He's a little too braindead to fully trust
Like Reply
Everything is easy when the shots are falling. Now, do Mavs play better (more engaded) defense because the shots are falling or are the shots falling because Mavs play better more engaded defense?

Now all in with Bertans/Bullock contracts for a two way wing, move SD to the 6th man and we might have something.
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Now that was fun.  Excellent D in the first half and the 3's were falling in quarters 2, 3 and 4.  Note that the first quarter lead was based on holding Phoenix to 15 on 26% shooting.  We only shot 36% from 3 that quarter.  Continued good D in the second quarter (held them to 26 points on 42% shooting), but we hit 45% of our 3's.  Second half was just a free for all.  We gave up 70, but continued to shoot lights out.

Subtle change in rotation that I really liked.  Green was first off the bench, subbing for Dinwiddie at 6:49.  Wood came in about 1:24 later, but Green Energy had already take over the power grid.  Wood got his 18, but didn't take his first shot until 2:13 left in the quarter.  Green scored 10 points and had a steal in the time between when Wood checked in and Wood took his first shot.  It didn't have to be that way...some credit to Wood that it did.  Green subbed out for 2 1/2 minutes in the second quarter and then came back to close the half in place of Dinwiddie.  Green closing halves is getting much more common.  He had 16 1/2 minutes at halftime.  If he's not going to start, this is how you use Green

In the second half, Maxi was first off the bench, Green second and Wood didn't come in until Ayton sat.  This time Green played almost 15 minutes straight.  It would have been interesting to see how Kidd would have closed a tight game.  Wood probably would have gotten 3 few minutes and 2 fewer points in a close game.  He feasted when Ayton was out.  Tim and Reggie basically split a position (other than the final 2:25 when the bench was cleared).  That is also a significant change if it holds.  It means Green got to join Luka and SD in splitting the 1/2 minutes three ways while THJ/RB split the 3 minutes in half.  Splitting two positions with Luka and SD is a 30+ minute role.  Splitting 48 minutes in half with someone is only a 24 minute role.  Dorian got all of his minutes at the four (but only 23 total) with Powell, Wood and Maxi taking the remaining 4/5 minutes.  

I noticed people commenting in the game thread about liking the rotation.  To me, it was a really nice way to handle a B2B.  Whether Green will continue in a 30+ minutes role or not is TBD.  I suspect Dorian will not continue to only get 23 minutes, but he almost has to take any increased minutes at the three, which really pinches the THJs, Bullocks and Greens of the world.  There are probably 80 minutes available at the 1/2/3 outside of what Luka and SD take.  That's an average of 26.6 for THJ, Bullock and Green, but if Dorian takes 8 minutes at the 3, then we drop to 24 minutes each for THJ, Bullock and Green.  It is hard to run a 10 man rotation of guys who are at very similar levels.
[-] The following 8 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • ballsrchr, Dahlsim, DallasMaverick, HIMAV, Hypermav, KillerLeft, mvossman, Reunion Mav
Like Reply
(12-06-2022, 06:40 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: I noticed people commenting in the game thread about liking the rotation.  To me, it was a really nice way to handle a B2B.  Whether Green will continue in a 30+ minutes role or not is TBD.  I suspect Dorian will not continue to only get 23 minutes, but he almost has to take any increased minutes at the three, which really pinches the THJs, Bullocks and Greens of the world.  There are probably 80 minutes available at the 1/2/3 outside of what Luka and SD take.  That's an average of 26.6 for THJ, Bullock and Green, but if Dorian takes 8 minutes at the 3, then we drop to 24 minutes each for THJ, Bullock and Green.  It is hard to run a 10 man rotation of guys who are at very similar levels.

At this point I am more than fine pinching Bullock.  Starting didn't work, coming off the bench didn't work and December didn't work.  At this point maybe a severe cut in minutes will do the trick.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(12-06-2022, 06:40 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Green Energy had already take over the power grid
[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dahlsim's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply