Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
THJ (+18, 22 pts, 2 ast, 4 rbd, 5-11 threes)
10.71%
3 10.71%
Luka (+22, 41 pts, 1 blk, 4 stl, 12 ast, 12 rbd)
89.29%
25 89.29%
Total 28 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 20 DIRKIE: Winner Luka (89%)
Brick 
Who was the player of the game who elevated his game to help the team win?
Like Reply
Kemba.  We are undefeated with him on the roster.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Green is fun to watch on defense.  His movement helped indirectly cause turnovers.
Like Reply
Luka is incredible. 

But aside from the hero line, I think this will be remembered as Green's breakout game. He drove GS insane defensively, made clutch baskets, and deservedly closed the game. The only thing left is to start the kid.
[-] The following 2 users Like Tyler's post:
  • LifeAquatic, Paul Gasol
Like Reply
Green was great on both ends. Kidd finally gets it? Timmy stepped up.

Luka was absolutely dominant. I feel so lucky that I get to watch this guy every night. Luka gets it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MarkAguirreWrathofGod's post:
  • Reunion Mav
Like Reply
1. Luka
2. Green
3. THJ

in that order.
Like Reply
I wanted to throw a bone to Hardaway, because he has obviously been struggling and I honestly believe they need a good version of him to be a good team now that Brunson is gone.

If this had just been another garden-variety triple double (Lolz) from Luka, I probably would have given THJ my vote but tonight, Luka played DEFENSE. When he does that he gets my vote.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Reunion Mav
Like Reply
I gave it to Hardaway so his trade value will skyrocket and we can finally trade him.
Like Reply
(11-29-2022, 10:20 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I gave it to Hardaway so his trade value will skyrocket and we can finally trade him.

If THJ gets a string of 3 good games, I hope the Mavs media runs countless stories on him being back.
Like Reply
Hardaway was awesome tonight. I hear crow tastes best with a little salt.

He looked confident so hopefully that confidence sticks for a while.

Wood was ROUGH tonight. The Bullock/Wood expiring package definitely feels like what will be shopped around this February, hopefully Bullock can put up some good shooting lines before that happens so he has some more value but at the very least playing 40 minutes a night during the conference finals will be enough for GMs to think he can be fixed if he’s still struggling by then. He is fully supplanted by Josh Green in my mind at this point, his development has been so fun to watch.
Like Reply
(11-29-2022, 10:26 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: The Bullock/Wood expiring package definitely feels like what will be shopped around this February,

Bullock is already expiring???? That's amazing news. He'll get shopped FOR SURE and either way Green gets his job next season.
Like Reply
(11-29-2022, 10:28 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Bullock is already expiring???? That's amazing news. He'll get shopped FOR SURE and either way Green gets his job next season.

Sorry I shouldn’t have phrased it like that. He’s only 5 mil guaranteed next year or something close to that number.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StrandedOnBeauboisHill's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(11-29-2022, 10:26 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: Hardaway was awesome tonight. I hear crow tastes best with a little salt.

He looked confident so hopefully that confidence sticks for a while.

Wood was ROUGH tonight. The Bullock/Wood expiring package definitely feels like what will be shopped around this February, hopefully Bullock can put up some good shooting lines before that happens so he has some more value but at the very least playing 40 minutes a night during the conference finals will be enough for GMs to think he can be fixed if he’s still struggling by then. He is fully supplanted by Josh Green in my mind at this point, his development has been so fun to watch.

Sort of feels like the work load we subjugated Bullock and DFS to last year has caught up to them this year.  I don't think shopping Wood makes any sense as you will return next to nothing for him and as bad as he was tonight is as bad is THJ is most nights.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
I want to follow the spirit of the award and vote for someone besides Luka. But that was a 40 point triple double against the defending champs.
[-] The following 2 users Like ThisIStheYear's post:
  • KillerLeft, Reunion Mav
Like Reply
Luka made the game winning shots on offense. Forced the game winning stops on defense.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/redditmavericks/status/1597782055454064640?s=20&t=I-RjZl2G0j_vF0Tnbi63UQ
[-] The following 7 users Like Hypermav's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, Paul Gasol, SleepingHero, Smitty, sterlingmallory, The Jom, Tyler
Like Reply
It has to be Luka. But THJ and Green get big honorable mentions but 41 12 12 with 4 steals and a game leading +22 is legendary stuff

I'll give Spencer a shout out for getting ejected (even if it was total BS) becuase I don't think we win that game without Luka coming back in that soon.
Like Reply
The dude that can't be slowed down and can't be sped up.
At one point there was a graphic in the TNT broadcast
Luka On = +18
Luka Off = -19
or something ridiculous like that

Honorable mention to this guy with the WTF assist  Big Grin

https://youtu.be/XCO-I-XaLy0
[-] The following 2 users Like BolsDamols's post:
  • Paul Gasol, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(11-30-2022, 01:43 AM)BolsDamols Wrote: The dude that can't be slowed down and can't be sped up.
At one point there was a graphic in the TNT broadcast
Luka On = +18
Luka Off = -19
or something ridiculous like that

Honorable mention to this guy with the WTF assist  Big Grin

https://youtu.be/XCO-I-XaLy0

I was about to say that's a pass only Luka can make..
But that's a jumping 360 spin, so Luka most likely didn't even get to think about making that type of pass, because he couldn't.
That's a creative way of using athleticism by Josh.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo's post:
  • Tyler
Like Reply
Luka deserves it. Absolute masterpiece.

But in the spirit of the award I'll also give an honorable Dirkie to Green. Dude was a menace on the court tonight.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply