MavsBoard
GAME 20 DIRKIE: Winner Luka (89%) - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: GAME 20 DIRKIE: Winner Luka (89%) (/showthread.php?tid=2305)

Pages: 1 2

GAME 20 DIRKIE: Winner Luka (89%) - Kammrath - 11-29-2022

Who was the player of the game who elevated his game to help the team win?

RE: GAME 20 DIRKIE: Who gets it? - cow - 11-29-2022

Kemba.  We are undefeated with him on the roster.

RE: GAME 20 DIRKIE: Who gets it? - BoredAssistant - 11-29-2022

Green is fun to watch on defense.  His movement helped indirectly cause turnovers.

RE: GAME 20 DIRKIE: Who gets it? - Tyler - 11-29-2022

Luka is incredible. 

But aside from the hero line, I think this will be remembered as Green's breakout game. He drove GS insane defensively, made clutch baskets, and deservedly closed the game. The only thing left is to start the kid.

RE: GAME 20 DIRKIE: Who gets it? - MarkAguirreWrathofGod - 11-29-2022

Green was great on both ends. Kidd finally gets it? Timmy stepped up.

Luka was absolutely dominant. I feel so lucky that I get to watch this guy every night. Luka gets it.

RE: GAME 20 DIRKIE: Who gets it? - Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo - 11-29-2022

1. Luka
2. Green
3. THJ

in that order.

RE: GAME 20 DIRKIE: Who gets it? - KillerLeft - 11-29-2022

I wanted to throw a bone to Hardaway, because he has obviously been struggling and I honestly believe they need a good version of him to be a good team now that Brunson is gone.

If this had just been another garden-variety triple double (Lolz) from Luka, I probably would have given THJ my vote but tonight, Luka played DEFENSE. When he does that he gets my vote.

RE: GAME 20 DIRKIE: Who gets it? - ItsGoTime - 11-29-2022

I gave it to Hardaway so his trade value will skyrocket and we can finally trade him.

RE: GAME 20 DIRKIE: Who gets it? - Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo - 11-29-2022

(11-29-2022, 10:20 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I gave it to Hardaway so his trade value will skyrocket and we can finally trade him.

If THJ gets a string of 3 good games, I hope the Mavs media runs countless stories on him being back.

RE: GAME 20 DIRKIE: Who gets it? - StrandedOnBeauboisHill - 11-29-2022

Hardaway was awesome tonight. I hear crow tastes best with a little salt.

He looked confident so hopefully that confidence sticks for a while.

Wood was ROUGH tonight. The Bullock/Wood expiring package definitely feels like what will be shopped around this February, hopefully Bullock can put up some good shooting lines before that happens so he has some more value but at the very least playing 40 minutes a night during the conference finals will be enough for GMs to think he can be fixed if he’s still struggling by then. He is fully supplanted by Josh Green in my mind at this point, his development has been so fun to watch.

RE: GAME 20 DIRKIE: Who gets it? - KillerLeft - 11-29-2022

(11-29-2022, 10:26 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: The Bullock/Wood expiring package definitely feels like what will be shopped around this February,

Bullock is already expiring???? That's amazing news. He'll get shopped FOR SURE and either way Green gets his job next season.

RE: GAME 20 DIRKIE: Who gets it? - StrandedOnBeauboisHill - 11-29-2022

(11-29-2022, 10:28 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Bullock is already expiring???? That's amazing news. He'll get shopped FOR SURE and either way Green gets his job next season.

Sorry I shouldn’t have phrased it like that. He’s only 5 mil guaranteed next year or something close to that number.

RE: GAME 20 DIRKIE: Who gets it? - cow - 11-29-2022

(11-29-2022, 10:26 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: Hardaway was awesome tonight. I hear crow tastes best with a little salt.

He looked confident so hopefully that confidence sticks for a while.

Wood was ROUGH tonight. The Bullock/Wood expiring package definitely feels like what will be shopped around this February, hopefully Bullock can put up some good shooting lines before that happens so he has some more value but at the very least playing 40 minutes a night during the conference finals will be enough for GMs to think he can be fixed if he’s still struggling by then. He is fully supplanted by Josh Green in my mind at this point, his development has been so fun to watch.

Sort of feels like the work load we subjugated Bullock and DFS to last year has caught up to them this year.  I don't think shopping Wood makes any sense as you will return next to nothing for him and as bad as he was tonight is as bad is THJ is most nights.

RE: GAME 20 DIRKIE: Who gets it? - ThisIStheYear - 11-29-2022

I want to follow the spirit of the award and vote for someone besides Luka. But that was a 40 point triple double against the defending champs.

RE: GAME 20 DIRKIE: Who gets it? - dirkfansince1998 - 11-29-2022

Luka made the game winning shots on offense. Forced the game winning stops on defense.

RE: GAME 20 DIRKIE: Who gets it? - Hypermav - 11-29-2022

https://twitter.com/redditmavericks/status/1597782055454064640?s=20&t=I-RjZl2G0j_vF0Tnbi63UQ

RE: GAME 20 DIRKIE: Who gets it? - MrGoat - 11-29-2022

It has to be Luka. But THJ and Green get big honorable mentions but 41 12 12 with 4 steals and a game leading +22 is legendary stuff

I'll give Spencer a shout out for getting ejected (even if it was total BS) becuase I don't think we win that game without Luka coming back in that soon.

RE: GAME 20 DIRKIE: Who gets it? - BolsDamols - 11-30-2022

The dude that can't be slowed down and can't be sped up.
At one point there was a graphic in the TNT broadcast
Luka On = +18
Luka Off = -19
or something ridiculous like that

Honorable mention to this guy with the WTF assist  Big Grin

https://youtu.be/XCO-I-XaLy0

RE: GAME 20 DIRKIE: Who gets it? - Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo - 11-30-2022

(11-30-2022, 01:43 AM)BolsDamols Wrote: The dude that can't be slowed down and can't be sped up.
At one point there was a graphic in the TNT broadcast
Luka On = +18
Luka Off = -19
or something ridiculous like that

Honorable mention to this guy with the WTF assist  Big Grin

https://youtu.be/XCO-I-XaLy0

I was about to say that's a pass only Luka can make..
But that's a jumping 360 spin, so Luka most likely didn't even get to think about making that type of pass, because he couldn't.
That's a creative way of using athleticism by Josh.

RE: GAME 20 DIRKIE: Who gets it? - SleepingHero - 11-30-2022

Luka deserves it. Absolute masterpiece.

But in the spirit of the award I'll also give an honorable Dirkie to Green. Dude was a menace on the court tonight.