Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 14: HOU (3-12) @ DAL (8-6) | 92-101 loss
(11-16-2022, 10:57 PM)Jym Wrote: Modern NBA is so weird
You'll throw a very winnable game to sit your star player in November when they're still healthy and fresh

Indeed.  And if you are going to throw it, don't play Dorian 38 minutes, Din 32 minutes and Bullock 33 minutes.  Should have just rested them all.
Like Reply
(11-16-2022, 10:56 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: He has been more good than bad, but I really don’t know if he is a #2 creator.  I think he works best when he is #3.  So maybe an ideal 6th man.

Btw, KP is playing well to start the season.  Injury will always be the determining factor for him.  But there is at least a good chance the front office loses that trade too.  We will see.

I tend to agree about Wood.  I want to give him 30 games to form an opinion.  But my initial thought is he is a scorer off the bench with a good team.  We will see.  I don’t think we should grow to comfortable with him because I am not sure he will be happy in that role.
Like Reply
(11-16-2022, 10:59 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Wood is not a 6th man. He is a starter and Kidd is being stubborn and moronic.

Nah.  He might be the second most talented scorer the Mavs have but that doesn't make him a starter.  It just shows how poorly this roster is constructed.  Everyone sinking their hopes into him being our Batman reeks of desperation.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
They need to do something with Mcgee. I’m sill confused why they have him a 3 yr contract & he doesn’t fit with the team. I hope he gets traded for someone who can actually help. We’ll see!
Like Reply
(11-16-2022, 11:05 PM)cow Wrote: Batman

Um, Luka is the Batman.

And I am not assuming Wood is even Robin. But he is a starter. All the talent in the world, still untapped IMO because of his late blooming as an NBA player.
Like Reply
(11-16-2022, 11:08 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Um, Luka is the Batman.

And I am not assuming Wood is even Robin. But he is a starter. All the talent in the world, still untapped IMO because of his late blooming as an NBA player.

Sorry, tired.  I think Wood could be a tremendous 6th man for a winning team.  He's a starter on a bad team.  He was pretty bad in the first half tonight.  Did fine in the second half after getting his shot blocked for the second time.  Was kind of invisible to close out the game but I put that more on Dinwiddie's decision making and THJ hero ball.  

THJ's goofy ass is the only player who tried to impose his will tonight.
Like Reply
Sad or impressive depending on your viewpoint to shoot 55 threes and still
Fun a way for 19 of your shots to be blocked.

I really liked Sengun last year but was worried if he would
Ever be a passable defender.  He looked fine tonight.  Nice. Draft pick.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • ThisIStheYear
Like Reply
This team is boring and a bad product to watch. I'm not even excited to see Luka score 30 every night because you can see how draining it is for him. With how much he gets beat up, it always seems like he's that close to an awkward landing and getting a serious injury.

This is bad and I don't see how it gets better. Even if they somehow got to keep a Top-10 pick in the draft, this isn't a team for a young player to develop.
Like Reply
Welp, something came up and I couldn't watch this one. Was it as bad as the box score makes it seem?

The highlights make it seem like Hardaway and Wood had great games, but the box score tells a different story.
Like Reply
(11-17-2022, 12:46 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Welp, something came up and I couldn't watch this one. Was it as bad as the box score makes it seem?

The highlights make it seem like Hardaway and Wood had great games, but the box score tells a different story.

Just couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DallasMaverick's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(11-17-2022, 12:48 AM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Just couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

Yeah, that's what it seems like. 

I sure hope they're working on offense. It doesn't seem like they are, but surely that can't be the case.
Like Reply
Good reminder this is the worst team in the NBA minus Luka and Cuban needs to be forced out of ownership.
Like Reply
(11-17-2022, 02:13 AM)Branduil Wrote: Good reminder this is the worst team in the NBA minus Luka and Cuban needs to be forced out of ownership.

This was the NBA fan experience bowl: if you ever wondered what it would look like if you played in the NBA. You´d turn it over with shot clock violations, dribbling out of bounds, erratic panic attack passes like the Rockets, brick open threes and get blocked at the rim every time like the Mavs. Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • Mapka
Like Reply
(11-16-2022, 11:47 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: This team is boring and a bad product to watch. I'm not even excited to see Luka score 30 every night because you can see how draining it is for him. With how much he gets beat up, it always seems like he's that close to an awkward landing and getting a serious injury.

This is bad and I don't see how it gets better. Even if they somehow got to keep a Top-10 pick in the draft, this isn't a team for a young player to develop.

There is a big Bruson-shaped hole in this roster.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mapka's post:
  • KillerLeft, omahen
Like Reply
(11-16-2022, 11:01 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: I tend to agree about Wood.  I want to give him 30 games to form an opinion.  But my initial thought is he is a scorer off the bench with a good team.  We will see.  I don’t think we should grow to comfortable with him because I am not sure he will be happy in that role.

Let me add though, I definitely want to see Wood as a starter and playing 30 minutes a night.   This team needs to know that answer on him.  

I have probably been a little lower on Wood than most here.  I think he has an incredible ability to score points in bunches.  That is a rare skill.  What gives me pause is everything outside of those scoring bunches.  My doubt is if he is a winning player franchises/teammates can count on.   I have not come to a conclusion on that yet.    To get there, I would like to see him starting(probably with Maxi) and getting a lot of minutes.

I would really like to see a Wood/Maxi starting lineup.  In my vision, we would upgrade Bullock in this scenario.   Bullock is good when he is hitting his shots.  I don't like him starting with DFS & Dwight though.  Would like to have someone in that spot who can create.

Luka
DFS
X
Wood
Maxi

If we find that right X, maybe that could be a start of something.   Not sold on Wood yet though or Maxi as a high level playoff starter.  It would provide some answers if we are on the right track though.
Like Reply
Glad I decided to watch a movie with the wife instead of the non-Luka Mavs. Good grief this team needs talent!
Like Reply