Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 14: HOU (3-12) @ DAL (8-6) | 92-101 loss
Mavs starters 10 of 34 from the floor.

Houston 16 blocks
Dallas 1
Like Reply
(11-16-2022, 10:37 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Din and Bullock have been awful tonight.

Games like tonight make me question if Josh is ever going to be more than a 8th-9th man type.

I don't mind Din missing, he looks tired as hell, but his decision making has been really bad.  Really bad chemistry with Wood in half court sets.

I like Josh's hustle tonight.  Rockets players are feeling him as a defedner.
Like Reply
Kinda depressing when your only hope is THJs chucking.
Like Reply
(11-16-2022, 10:39 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Kinda depressing when your only hope is THJs chucking.

Only Mav imposing his will for better or worse.

Opposing teams giving Facu the Rondo treatment.
Like Reply
DFS is an ideal 5th starter on a championship leve team.  Unfortunately, I don’t know if we have a #2, #3 or #4 starter on a championship level team.  What a failure by this front office.
Like Reply
Holy Cow, Tim.
Like Reply
(11-16-2022, 10:47 PM)cow Wrote: Holy Cow, Tim.

Folllowed it up with two terrible shots and a bad defensive possession. Just to remind us who we are talking about.
Like Reply
(11-16-2022, 10:49 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Folllowed it up with two terrible shots and a bad defensive possession. Just to remind us who we are talking about.

Technically Holy Cow, Tim still applies.
[-] The following 2 users Like cow's post:
  • DallasMaverick, dirkfansince1998
Like Reply
Down to 21% on 3pointers
Like Reply
The fuck is Dinwiddie doing?
Like Reply
The Mavs have a roster and a coaching problem and it is pretty glaring through 14 games.
Like Reply
Ooof.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LifeAquatic's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply
(11-16-2022, 10:52 PM)cow Wrote: The fuck is Dinwiddie doing?

He has been more good than bad, but I really don’t know if he is a #2 creator.  I think he works best when he is #3.  So maybe an ideal 6th man.

Btw, KP is playing well to start the season.  Injury will always be the determining factor for him.  But there is at least a good chance the front office loses that trade too.  We will see.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
(11-16-2022, 10:53 PM)Kammrath Wrote: The Mavs have a roster and a coaching problem and it is pretty glaring through 14 games.

I know Bullock turned it around last season after early struggles but dude is passing up looks now.  Din or Wood are sixth men, but maybe start Wood as that chemistry with Luka is more natural.  Make Din 6th man and maybe start Josh over Bullock.
Like Reply
Lol. The Mavs outside of Luka are ridiculously, hilariously outgunned. They’re terrible.  Clueless owner. Over his head GM.  My God. The Rockets aren’t the least talented team in the NBA, but they very well may be the worst. If Luka’s not here to do everything, the Mavs are cooked. So bad. So bad. They’re like a high school team going out there against a (bad) NBA team, unable to get a shot off without it being blocked because they’re so hilariously bad. Worst performance I’ve ever seen. What a gutless team. JB would never have let this happen.
Like Reply
Modern NBA is so weird
You'll throw a very winnable game to sit your star player in November when they're still healthy and fresh
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jym's post:
  • cow
Like Reply
Kidd is not an offensive guru...he is a defensive coach first and foremost. As long as he's the coach, they are going to be a poor offense reliant on Luka and the 3-pointer. I doubt they even have much of a playbook.
Like Reply
(11-16-2022, 10:56 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: He has been more good than bad, but I really don’t know if he is a #2 creator. 

Was talking about that logo three attempt.  I'm sure he is tired an all but just give the ball to Wood and THJ and try to let them cook instead of that garbage..
Like Reply
(11-16-2022, 10:46 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: DFS is an ideal 5th starter on a championship leve team.  Unfortunately, I don’t know if we have a #2, #3 or #4 starter on a championship level team.  What a failure by this front office.

I think Dinwiddie could be a 3rd guy, but he’s absolutely not a #2 like he’s having to be.

Wood seems talented enough he is at least a 4th guy but definitely wouldn’t be crazy to see him as a 3rd guy. 

We had another 3rd guy in Brunson and the front office did totally bungle that.

Really a shame what could have been by adding Wood to that team from last year.
Like Reply
(11-16-2022, 10:57 PM)cow Wrote: Din or Wood are sixth men

Wood is not a 6th man. He is a starter and Kidd is being stubborn and moronic.
Like Reply