Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 12: POR (9-4) @ DAL (7-5) | 117-112 win
I like what some of what Kidd did.
Situational subs. Bigs for rebounds, defense if needed.
And he let Wood play until he fouled out, even protected him from getting a foul at the end of the third by subbing him out.
THJ did attack more and I like it, even if results were mixed. He didn't settle.

Mavs made 3s late though, but I don't like how the Mavs rely on 3s in the end game.
Like Reply
Missed the game. How the hell did the Mavs survive 37,29,24 from Grant, Lillard, Simons? Nuts!
Like Reply
(11-12-2022, 10:56 PM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: Mavs made 3s late though, but I don't like how the Mavs rely on 3s in the end game.

there's got to be a way to get Luka some off-the-ball postups right? Right!?!?
How is this something we never do?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jym's post:
  • Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
(11-12-2022, 10:57 PM)donzingis38 Wrote: Missed the game. How the hell did the Mavs survive 37,29,24 from Grant, Lillard, Simons? Nuts!

Luka with a 40 point triple double.
THJ's play was better.
Wood got his touches.

..And Dinwiddie went Full "TMAC against the Spurs" mode.
[-] The following 2 users Like Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo's post:
  • donzingis38, Paul Gasol
Like Reply
(11-12-2022, 10:59 PM)Jym Wrote: there's got to be a way to get Luka some off-the-ball postups right? Right!?!?

I recall they did it once, but Tim fumbled the entry pass and the ball was stolen
Like Reply
(11-12-2022, 10:59 PM)Jym Wrote: there's got to be a way to get Luka some off-the-ball postups right? Right!?!?

Yes, I would like a post-up better, will probably get the double and end up swinging the ball for an open man for a 3 still.

Post-up with cutters would be good though.
Like Reply
(11-12-2022, 10:56 PM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: And he let Wood play until he fouled out, even protected him from getting a foul at the end of the third by subbing him out.

Hopefully this game goes a long way for kidd finally respecting wood
Like Reply
(11-12-2022, 11:02 PM)BolsDamols Wrote: Hopefully this game goes a long way for kidd finally respecting wood

I mean...on one hand, he played offense really well. On the other, he fouled out in like 25 minutes. I'm not sure that's going to assuage whatever qualms Kidd has about him.
Like Reply
(11-12-2022, 11:05 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I mean...on one hand, he played offense really well. On the other, he fouled out in like 25 minutes. I'm not sure that's going to assuage whatever qualms Kidd has about him.

Sure, I just find it encouraging that had Wood not picked up his last foul, Kidd was prepared to let Wood finish the game.
[-] The following 2 users Like BolsDamols's post:
  • KillerLeft, Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
(11-12-2022, 11:10 PM)BolsDamols Wrote: Sure, I just find it encouraging that had Wood not picked up his last foul, Kidd was prepared to let Wood finish the game.

Yeah, maybe. 

0 minutes for McGee, and that alone should tell us he's paying attention, at least.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, Smitty
Like Reply
Not sure if it's good or bad that every loss this year has been stupidly inexcusable and shouldn't have happened
Like Reply
(11-12-2022, 11:11 PM)Jym Wrote: Not sure if it's good or bad that every loss this year has been stupidly inexcusable and shouldn't have happened

I think it's good. Not ideal, but good. 

And, I think it's almost completely due to Brunson not being here and points to the team's complete denial about how much they relied on him late in games when sphincters start to tighten.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply
(11-12-2022, 11:05 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I mean...on one hand, he played offense really well. On the other, he fouled out in like 25 minutes. I'm not sure that's going to assuage whatever qualms Kidd has about him.

He got called for some strange offensive fouls.
Like Reply
Nice win. Portland didn't play good defense. For some reason they thought guarding Luka with midget guards is a smart strategy. Mavs had a ton of open looks from three but missed a lot. Mavs desperately need a big wing. Every solid big wing (lately Grant, Kuzma, Hachimura and Wagner) is having a field day against them. They managed to control Durant only because they were doubling him whole game. Grant would be awesome on this team. His cost was a 2025 FRP and three second rounders.
[-] The following 2 users Like omahen's post:
  • burekemde, Mavs2021
Like Reply
(11-12-2022, 11:44 PM)Mapka Wrote: He got called for some strange offensive fouls.

Yes, head scratchers really.
Often I don't know why these refs still have their jobs.

On offensive fouls though, I don't fault players for being aggressive, the only offensive fouls I hate are illegal screens, which thankfully Wood hasn't called for one this game (or am I missing one play? I didn't see the full game).
Like Reply
(11-12-2022, 11:44 PM)omahen Wrote: Nice win. Portland didn't play good defense. For some reason they thought guarding Luka with midget guards is a smart strategy. Mavs had a ton of open looks from three but missed a lot. Mavs desperately need a big wing. Every solid big wing (lately Grant, Kuzma, Hachimura and Wagner) is having a field day against them. They managed to control Durant only because they were doubling him whole game. Grant would be awesome on this team. His cost was a 2025 FRP and three second rounders.

Crowder?
Like Reply
Luka and Wood pick and roll will become really dominating. There is no way to avoid to play Wood as starter and major minutes. Wood is just so much more talented than anyone else on the team besides Luka and SD.

Bullocks show need to be calibrated.

Its incredible we win this one shooting so bad on open 3s. If we just were shooting even mediocre on these open looks, Portland wouldn't have even stayed in the game.

Fantastic game by Luka, looks completely different being fresh with rest. 

Wood and Maxi were playing really well in the same lineups. Defense looked great there, ton of potential for the two to play along and Wood can take the pick and roll, while they both are mobile enough to make defense work. Our best lineup at the moment is Wood, Maxi, DFS, SD, Luka.
Like Reply
(11-13-2022, 12:02 AM)dynamicalVoid Wrote: Crowder?

I think Mavs have enough average players as it is, they need above average ones. That is why I wouldn't waste assets on him until that above average player is found.
[-] The following 3 users Like omahen's post:
  • Arioch, dynamicalVoid, Paul Gasol
Like Reply
Took 12 games to get McGee out of the rotation. Lets see how long it takes to move on from Bullock if he cannot turn things around quickly. He (deservedly) has a longer leash but the playoff race in the west is already looking brutal. Mavs don´t have time to wait for christmas or the allstar break.
Like Reply
(11-13-2022, 05:43 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Took 12 games to get McGee out of the rotation. Lets see how long it takes to move on from Bullock if he cannot turn things around quickly. He (deservedly) has a longer leash but the playoff race in the west is already looking brutal. Mavs don´t have the time to wait for christmas or the allstar break.

I'm starting to think we should probably move on from Bullock anyway, and his poor play certainly helps the decision. We need to replace Bullock with someone with a more well rounded game, we need our own version of Wiggins: someone that can score, defend, and create his own shot. Green is showing his potential as a replacement 3nD guy anyway. I'd like to see if a Hardaway/Bullock headlined trade package could get us the dynamic wing and/or playmaking guard we need.
Like Reply