Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 12: POR (9-4) @ DAL (7-5) | 117-112 win
fun game.

I love when Wood entered the game he became the focal point on offense rather than an accessory to Luka ball.  Keep it up.

I think you can be fine with Dwight as a starter in the regular season against most teams.   But we know how that story ends.  I would love to experiment with different options now.   The options may be limited, but I would like to look at different options.

While Bullock should get more than 17 minutes, the rest of others minutes look good.  Maybe Bullock shouldn't be too much above 22 minutes until his shot returns though.   Hardaway was a factor tonight which is a good sign.  He was only 3-10 from three with one banked in.   But lets see if he can provide that spark in a more consistent basis.

Can someone work with Green on his free throws?  He shoots them so fast and typically is stepping away before the ball hits the rim.  

Spencer was great finishing the game.   I keep waiting for his 3 percentage to fall.  He won't shoot like this all year, but he has been really good.  I would love to see him get 5-7 free throws a game though.

I left that game really wondering if the Mavs are better than the Blazers.  Simmons and Grant look great.    If Sharpe takes a jump during this year, that team may have something.   Mavs had to fight and claw a team who was ending a nice road trip.
Like Reply
Who led the team in scoring, assists, and offensive rebounding?  Who led it in defensive rebounding, steals, and blocks?  Once again, Luka does everything. It’s remarkable to watch, especially in that it all seems so routine now.
[-] The following 3 users Like ThisIStheYear's post:
  • BasketballJones41, Paul Gasol, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(11-12-2022, 11:13 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I think it's good. Not ideal, but good. 

And, I think it's almost completely due to Brunson not being here and points to the team's complete denial about how much they relied on him late in games when sphincters start to tighten.

...and I think it's almost completely due to missing open shots, especially late in games.

(11-13-2022, 05:43 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Took 12 games to get McGee out of the rotation. Lets see how long it takes to move on from Bullock if he cannot turn things around quickly. He (deservedly) has a longer leash but the playoff race in the west is already looking brutal. Mavs don´t have time to wait for christmas or the allstar break.

Gotta take the long view.  Bullock always starts the season shooting poorly, then heats up significantly as the season progresses.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/NickVanExit/status/1591620696110678020?s=20&t=xPBgE4Ha-ZZPzXYU7kCi3w
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
(11-13-2022, 10:22 AM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Bullock always starts the season shooting poorly, then heats up significantly as the season progresses.
To this point, gotta see if that sticks this year, or just bring up/in someone else to slide him to the bench (or as trade to get that guy).
Like Reply
(11-13-2022, 07:25 AM)sterlingmallory Wrote: I'd like to see if a Hardaway/Bullock headlined trade package could get us the dynamic wing and/or playmaking guard we need.

Their value is very low. What they could bring is a flawed player from a contender wanna be that doesn't work there. For example Russell from Minnesotta. Although one could claim, his value is higher despite poor play and he is expiring. 

Teams like Charlotte will probably look to unload their vets, for example Hayward. But what would be their motivation to trade him straight up for THJ and Bullock? They don't save money and they don't want to be competitive. 

I think Mavs won't make any move this TDL, unless a borderline star becomes available for assets Mavs have.
Like Reply
Mavs took 24 wide open three pointers yesterday, but hit only 29 % of them.
[-] The following 3 users Like omahen's post:
  • burekemde, DallasMaverick, Paul Gasol
Like Reply
(11-13-2022, 01:50 PM)omahen Wrote: Teams like Charlotte will probably look to unload their vets, for example Hayward
With the emergence of DSJ there and Ball being the PG, Rozier's 4 year deal is the play in Cha, IMO. If we can turn it into Hayward and Rozier for significant money savings using a 3rd team, even better.
Like Reply
(11-12-2022, 11:44 PM)omahen Wrote: Mavs desperately need a big wing. Every solid big wing (lately Grant, Kuzma, Hachimura and Wagner) is having a field day against them. They managed to control Durant only because they were doubling him whole game. Grant would be awesome on this team. His cost was a 2025 FRP and three second rounders.

I'd be calling TOR and paying a premium for either OG or Trent Jr. Mavs need a talent injection with dynamic players.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • dynamicalVoid
Like Reply
(11-13-2022, 02:26 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: With the emergence of DSJ there and Ball being the PG, Rozier's 4 year deal is the play in Cha, IMO. If we can turn it into Hayward and Rozier for significant money savings using a 3rd team, even better.

I would go after Kelly Oubre instead of Hayward. Just my opinion.
Like Reply
(11-14-2022, 12:55 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: I'd be calling TOR and paying a premium for either OG or Trent Jr. Mavs need a talent injection with dynamic players.

I don't see this happening at the TDL, but next offseason if they can't find a true 2nd star, I am more and more open to splitting their picks for multiple 2 way players.  OG would be at the top of my list, but I am not sure they are going to be dumping him for picks.  Isn't Trent more of a 3&D guy?
Like Reply
(11-14-2022, 12:17 PM)mvossman Wrote:   Isn't Trent more of a 3&D guy?

Averaging close to 20ppg the last 2 years and is a 3 level scorer. TOR quietly turned him into one of the better wing players in the league. He's closer to a Desmond Bane than DFS. 

He's having a slower start to the season this year, which means TOR might be motivated to cash in on him now vs. waiting.

The real prize is OG and I'd give a lot for him. Ideal starting wing next to Luka.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(11-14-2022, 02:50 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Averaging close to 20ppg the last 2 years and is a 3 level scorer. TOR quietly turned him into one of the better wing players in the league. He's closer to a Desmond Bane than DFS. 

He's having a slower start to the season this year, which means TOR might be motivated to cash in on him now vs. waiting.

The real prize is OG and I'd give a lot for him. Ideal starting wing next to Luka.

It's kind of amazing to me how many players on that team I would love to have, and yet since their championship they have not done much.  It's crazy how important it is to have a superstar on a team.
Like Reply
(11-14-2022, 02:50 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Averaging close to 20ppg the last 2 years and is a 3 level scorer. TOR quietly turned him into one of the better wing players in the league. He's closer to a Desmond Bane than DFS. 

Numbers wise very similar to THJ. With the same annoying tendencies. On paper a good 3-point shooter that can quickly ruin his percentages with ill-advised pull up shots. Likes to pull up from midrange but isn´t really good at it. Lacks passing vision.
Probably slightly better when he is asked to create for himself but just as streaky as THJ. No clue about their defense.
Like Reply