Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 11: DAL (6-5) @ WAS (6-6) | 105-113 loss
(11-11-2022, 01:02 AM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: Hard to argue with hypotheticals.

Ah!  

...but that's what we do, here!

And the cool thing is that no one can prove you wrong!
Like Reply
(11-11-2022, 12:11 PM)Kammrath Wrote: He's not wrong. DFS, Maxi, RB, THJ, etc are all fringe NBA players (and players rankings almost always reflect that) and yet the Mavs have paid them like they are big time NBA players.

DFS, Maxi and RB are properly paid for their roles. It´s just that the Mavs are a shitty run organization in general  that everything is magnified.

Green is averaging 6/2 this year and everybody here is like IT`S HAPPENING. LOOK IT TOOK A WHILE, AND I`M NOT SAYING, HE`LL BE BETTER THAN BEY, BUT....

That´s what being a Mavs fan does to so many. Complete and utter delusion and overrating every glimpse of hope.

Bane is averaging 25/5/5. Maxey is averaging  24/4/4. Bey is averaging 17/5.

Markkanen and Brunson currently combine for 43 points, 13 rebounds and 10 assists per game. They cost a combined 40M.

I´d say the probability that Markkanen, Brunson and one of Bane/Maxey/Bey are on the Mavs right now, if the franchise was run by an above average front office and an owner willing to spend are around 70-80%. Markkanen or THJ, Brunson extension or walk, Bey or Green. Those are not even tough decisions. It´s just common sense.

I think you can win a title with a core of Doncic, Brunson, Markkanen, Bey, DFS, Bullock, Kleber and Dinwiddie. Might have won it last year.
Like Reply
Wood and SD are miles ahead in terms of talent compared to RB, Maxi, DFS, THJ. And even Wood/SD are not stars in the league, they are considered starter material, but could also be bench players on great teams. I totally agree that RB/Maxi/DFS/THJ are backup players in NBA, especially on good teams, and on some may not even be on the roster. All four are getting plenty of open shots that they just cant convert well enough, and on some nights their production is inflated due to these open situations. These are expected to be converted.  

RB/Maxi/DFS/THJ you just cant rely on scoring against a opponent that is well positioned. Whether if they want to shoot over the player, or drive and score, result is the same. This is a low percentage play situation, as low as they come, no matter who the defender is, Trae Young even. They all four NEED to be open to either shoot or drive to the basket, and when driving are not in full control at all. They all play some level of defense but not elite, they can shoot decent only when open and even then do not excel. Out of those four, only THJ has actually some level of ability to drive and score and we see it here and then, but not even close that of Wood and SD, I'd say THJ is closer to talent level to RB/Maxi/DFS than to Wood/SD.

I think its fantastic what we get out of this talent level in terms of wins, and how far we made it in playoffs. All that being said, several of them are true professionals and great teamplayers, and they really get the maximal out of their talent level, which needs to be respected, but at the same time we also need to realise that we wont ever form a dynasty with those players in the starting lineup as great as Luka is. SD and Wood have talent level and if integrated well into a team can potentially contribute to a winning championship franchise. We see more and more of that SD fit and I hope Wood will be integrated as well later. We obviously need better players to compete. And not only compete, we should dominate. We should win games easy and by large margin.
[-] The following 2 users Like burekemde's post:
  • Mavs2021, Paul Gasol
Like Reply
(11-11-2022, 02:44 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Markkanen
would kill to have someone like Lauri Markkanen right now, and at one point that dude actually wanted to be here
Like Reply
When Luka understands to pick his spots, he will be a truly great player.  But right now, he is always looking for the knockout punch in the first round.  And if a team plays rope a dope with him for a few rounds, he doesn't have anything left.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bayliss's post:
  • ballsrchr
Like Reply