Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(05-01-2023, 02:51 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: This is not Wood related but for an organization that sort of prides themselves with treating players right....they tend to piss off a lot of their players.

Yeah it's ridiculous.

I don't remember reading this much malcontent from the locker room in Dirk's 20 years here. 

(05-01-2023, 02:26 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: I’m guessing it’s this quote from the Athletic/Cato article:

”Another big man, Christian Wood, had arrived in a necessary salary-clearing move. While Wood’s agent, Adam Pensack, launched an aggressive behind-the-scenes campaign to media members for his client to be considered an All-Star, team sources said Dallas’ coaching staff never shared that same belief, which led to his inconsistent role.”

Sounds like Cuban wrote it himself. LMFAOOOOOOO

I mean yes it does sound like a classic Mavs State Media spin, but I remember quite vividly in March a bunch of random podcasts saying they have details from Wood's agent and behind the scenes knowledge of how Wood was mistreated. A bunch of other Mav media members basically confirmed Wood's agent was doing an all out PR tour and was making sure Wood's side was heard. But to me that just sounds like an agent was/is recognizing that his client has worn out his welcome 7 times in 8 years and this was probably the last chance he had at making big money (and blew it).

What's more concerning is that the Mavs never believed in Wood, and it seems like they never believed in him as soon as the trade happened. This is despite the production throughout the season. Whether that be because of attitude issues or just lack of ability to conform to the system, the Mavs made the call that this guy wasn't worth it. 

That SHOULD mean something but I've lost faith in the Mavs talent evaluators. If they really didn't like Wood, they should've made just about any trade to move off of him.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer - by SleepingHero - 05-01-2023, 03:43 PM