Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(04-13-2023, 07:01 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: He’s right. Terrible, terrible trade. If you think this little of Wood’s games (as the Mavs) you draft a guy with that pick and let those small dumped contracts expire.

Yet everyone loved the trade when it happened.  I think people are conflating how things played out with Wood/Kidd with the structure of the trade.  Acquiring Wood would cost something but probably not a FRP.  Dumping four bodies would cost something but not a FRP.  Dumping those four bodies for a player who is a contributor for a season at worst and has potential to be part of the team in the long term, that's probably worth a late FRP.  If we want to play the hindsight game, we can go further back and question the means to how those four dumped players were on the roster.  You can dislike the trade now, but I'd be curious of your thoughts for when the trade happened and even if you do dislike it now, I have hard time classifying it as "terrible, terrible".  But maybe I'm viewing the trade through the lens of watching the MBT operate.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer - by cow - 04-14-2023, 01:04 PM