Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
15 Smile
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/keefmorris/status/16...47584?s=46&t=-lW3MUk_hy_SiUq46U-6RA
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/vengeancewood/status...41409?s=46&t=-lW3MUk_hy_SiUq46U-6RA
[-] The following 1 user Likes IamDougieFresh's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(03-12-2023, 12:32 AM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: https://twitter.com/keefmorris/status/16...47584?s=46&t=-lW3MUk_hy_SiUq46U-6RA

Who knows what this is in reference too.  But our front office is slow to move most times. Did they want Morris in the trade or was he just someone the Nets pawned off on us to make the trade work?  If the mavs wanted him that is scary.  If he was just a piece thrown in, the mavs need to evaluate him quickly and move on if he is not better that was on the street.  Not being in shape should have been a red flag.  The players on the street may not be better, but I liked a few better than Morris.  It seems like having a PF who can’t move any longer isn’t doing much help on our roster.
Like Reply
(03-12-2023, 07:32 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: Who knows what this is in reference too.  But our front office is slow to move most times. Did they want Morris in the trade or was he just someone the Nets pawned off on us to make the trade work?  If the mavs wanted him that is scary.  If he was just a piece thrown in, the mavs need to evaluate him quickly and move on if he is not better that was on the street.  Not being in shape should have been a red flag.  The players on the street may not be better, but I liked a few better than Morris.  It seems like having a PF who can’t move any longer isn’t doing much help on our roster.

I believe Morris was a throw-in because Brooklyn didn't have enough roster spots to do a 2 for 1 trade.
[-] The following 1 user Likes loki's post:
  • omahen
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/mavs_ffl/status/1635...50208?s=46&t=-lW3MUk_hy_SiUq46U-6RA
Like Reply
Not sure why you all so worried about Wood. Recent history would suggest, you´ll land just fine, when you leave....

Barnes 40-26
Brunson 39-30
DFS/Dinwiddie 38-29
Mavs 34-34
Porzingis 31-36

Tongue
[-] The following 2 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • BigDirk41, HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
I am so ready to be at the end of this chapter soon.   I think mistakes were made.  I really do think Wood is best suited as a bench spark.   But more than 15-20 minutes a night.    I just don't understand when we throw Morris in there for a few minutes before Wood gets in the game.  I would be in favor of a hail mary and starting him down the stretch.    It may not be the best move, but something needs to be tried.  Especially if Luka (and Kyrie) are out.  

Personally, I am not a huge fan of Wood's game.   There was a stretch when I was close to becoming a believer.   When he is on a scoring run, it is great.  But I think that blinds a lot of his deficiencies.   I do think there is a role for him, but it is probably a role that he feels he is too good for.   It will be interesting what type of contract and production he has next year.    Dallas has a pretty good track record of having players go somewhere else and play better.  We will see if that is the case with Wood.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • F Gump
Like Reply
(03-13-2023, 07:52 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: I am so ready to be at the end of this chapter soon.   I think mistakes were made.  I really do think Wood is best suited as a bench spark.   But more than 15-20 minutes a night.    I just don't understand when we throw Morris in there for a few minutes before Wood gets in the game.  I would be in favor of a hail mary and starting him down the stretch.    It may not be the best move, but something needs to be tried.  Especially if Luka (and Kyrie) are out.  

Personally, I am not a huge fan of Wood's game.   There was a stretch when I was close to becoming a believer.   When he is on a scoring run, it is great.  But I think that blinds a lot of his deficiencies.   I do think there is a role for him, but it is probably a role that he feels he is too good for.   It will be interesting what type of contract and production he has next year.    Dallas has a pretty good track record of having players go somewhere else and play better.  We will see if that is the case with Wood.

This isn't a personal shot at you, but the Mavs may have a 3-5 guys that actually play good defense. I don't understand why Wood is one called out for not playing good defense. Other than Luka, Wood has been the scapegoat on defense and I think it's unjust. At least Wood can light it up for 20 every night. Out other bigs are lucky to ever break 10. Like him or hate him, the Mavs blew any chance of making this relationship work. Like you said, I am also ready for this chapter to be over. One last thing I would like to add is why would any big want to come play for the Mavs after seeing how Wood has been treated. Perception is everything to players.
[-] The following 2 users Like BigDirk41's post:
  • ballsrchr, IamDougieFresh
Like Reply
So the coach plays Wood 15 minutes and then makes a joke saying twitter told him to do it and you think this is all Wood’s fault lmfaooooooooooo.

Notice when it’s tank time, they don’t rest Dwight fookin Powell do they?
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
Wood is nothing else than excellent on both ends of the court. An impact, championship ability player.  His fit with Luka is amazing. He protects the rim, and is a all around threat on offense.

First losing Brunson. Then treating Wood like this. Im sorry but Kidd needs to go. Has nothing to do with Luka or anything else, but to lose Brunson in the way we did, and Wood in this manner, is unforgivable. He can however still turn it arround by incorporating Wood more this season. But soon Kidd will be past the line of no return.
 Its unforgivable to not play your best players that produce and play so well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes burekemde's post:
  • IamDougieFresh
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/chriswood_5/status/1...08880?s=46&t=-lW3MUk_hy_SiUq46U-6RA
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(03-15-2023, 01:19 PM)burekemde Wrote: Wood is nothing else than excellent on both ends of the court. An impact, championship ability player.  His fit with Luka is amazing. He protects the rim, and is a all around threat on offense.

First losing Brunson. Then treating Wood like this. Im sorry but Kidd needs to go. Has nothing to do with Luka or anything else, but to lose Brunson in the way we did, and Wood in this manner, is unforgivable. He can however still turn it arround by incorporating Wood more this season. But soon Kidd will be past the line of no return.
 Its unforgivable to not play your best players that produce and play so well.

Holy guacamole you love © Wood more than me?
[-] The following 2 users Like IamDougieFresh's post:
  • BigDirk41, burekemde
Like Reply
Red alert! Wood is about to destroy the tank as his final act of revenge before leaving town.
Like Reply
(03-15-2023, 06:48 PM)loki Wrote: Red alert! Wood is about to destroy the tank as his final act of revenge before leaving town.

15 minutes of domination
[-] The following 2 users Like IamDougieFresh's post:
  • BigDirk41, loki
Like Reply
Wood is as good as gone.
Once he suits up for another team, I'm over him.
Maybe I'd still cheer for him by then, maybe not.

But I won't ever let Jason Kidd off the hook on mishandling and mistreating Wood, until Kidd gets fired.
[-] The following 3 users Like Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo's post:
  • BigDirk41, burekemde, IamDougieFresh
Like Reply
28 and 13 from our 3rd best big. We must have the best front court since the 80s Celtics.
[-] The following 2 users Like BigDirk41's post:
  • IamDougieFresh, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(03-15-2023, 01:34 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: https://twitter.com/chriswood_5/status/1...08880?s=46&t=-lW3MUk_hy_SiUq46U-6RA

He was poised.
Like Reply
(03-15-2023, 08:21 PM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: Wood is as good as gone.
Once he suits up for another team, I'm over him.
Maybe I'd still cheer for him by then, maybe not.

But I won't ever let Jason Kidd off the hook on mishandling and mistreating Wood, until Kidd gets fired.

Brunson, and now Wood. Its not exeggeration we would likely had a championship with proper treatment of the two and make them stay. Both great fits around Luka, both players he likes to play along with.
Like Reply
12 minutes.
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply