Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(03-13-2023, 07:52 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: I am so ready to be at the end of this chapter soon.   I think mistakes were made.  I really do think Wood is best suited as a bench spark.   But more than 15-20 minutes a night.    I just don't understand when we throw Morris in there for a few minutes before Wood gets in the game.  I would be in favor of a hail mary and starting him down the stretch.    It may not be the best move, but something needs to be tried.  Especially if Luka (and Kyrie) are out.  

Personally, I am not a huge fan of Wood's game.   There was a stretch when I was close to becoming a believer.   When he is on a scoring run, it is great.  But I think that blinds a lot of his deficiencies.   I do think there is a role for him, but it is probably a role that he feels he is too good for.   It will be interesting what type of contract and production he has next year.    Dallas has a pretty good track record of having players go somewhere else and play better.  We will see if that is the case with Wood.

This isn't a personal shot at you, but the Mavs may have a 3-5 guys that actually play good defense. I don't understand why Wood is one called out for not playing good defense. Other than Luka, Wood has been the scapegoat on defense and I think it's unjust. At least Wood can light it up for 20 every night. Out other bigs are lucky to ever break 10. Like him or hate him, the Mavs blew any chance of making this relationship work. Like you said, I am also ready for this chapter to be over. One last thing I would like to add is why would any big want to come play for the Mavs after seeing how Wood has been treated. Perception is everything to players.
[-] The following 2 users Like BigDirk41's post:
  • ballsrchr, IamDougieFresh
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer - by BigDirk41 - 03-13-2023, 02:05 PM