Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(03-03-2023, 05:27 PM)mvossman Wrote: With Timmy playing decent defense right now I think I take him over Beasley.  I like Vandy, but I'm not sure he is worth an unprotected first plus whatever you value Wood at.  It would make sense from the standpoint of using 27 and filling the gaping hole left by Dorian.

I said Beasley is just expiring salary filler Smile Wood will be gone in the summer, Mavs don't look like they want him anyway. So he has zero value.

I am aware that Vandy is not worth an unprotected FRP. But what if he is the one missing piece? He is exactly what Mavs need. Big wing, switchable, high energy defender who is not a total liability on offense but doesn't require the ball. There is a world where I could see Mavs as contenders with him. In this perspective, he is well worth that pick. But, looking forward what better and cheaper options will be there in the summer...

Edit: Beasley has a perfect contract for future flexibility. Team option for next season. So you can either cut him and save money or use his expiring in another deal. He certainly has some value, as we have seen with Lakers. He could also easily fill the Holiday minutes with similar impact.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer - by omahen - 03-04-2023, 06:14 AM