Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(02-17-2023, 06:57 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Cleaning the glass might be busted or it’s very possible I’m just stupid lol. 

Anyways, I would argue that that lineup you gave is more of a defensive anomaly than my lineup is an offensive anomaly. I don’t think that lineup is stopping anybody it’s just a tiny sample. DFS for Maxi in my lineup was even higher rated than both (+43.4). That’s 89 minutes of evidence that Luka - Green - Wood and a plus defender are a problem.

Then again maybe I’m just an idiot and it’s Tim fookin Hardaway carrying those lineups, but I’d wager swapping him for Kyrie will be good also.

To be honest, both lineups might be anomalies due to the limited sample size.  I would probably fall under the category of stats nerd, but I am also probably the biggest sample size nazi on the board.  Stats can get so easily abused and I try to avoid that if at all possible.  Net ratings are fascinating and fun to explore, but they are extremely noisy stats.  As a general rule of thumb, the smaller the sample the more useful box score stats are, and the bigger the sample the more useful net rating stats are.

Also, I have had a few at happy hour at work, so if this comes across as douchey, I apologize.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • IamDougieFresh
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer - by mvossman - 02-17-2023, 07:16 PM