Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(02-17-2023, 11:54 AM)mvossman Wrote: I'm not a wood hater, but here is my reply:

Wood/Maxi/Timmy/Green/Luka       +23.7
Powell/Bullock/Timmy/Green/Luka  +35.9

The reality is that both are very small samples, and mostly against bench units.  I think an argument can be made that when Luka and Kai are on the floor, the lineup will be wildly tilted to offense and you want to surround them with as much defense as you can.  The obvious choice for that is Maxi.  I think Wood is at his most valuable when Luka or Kai are not on the court.  So I see the playoff center rotation being Maxi/Wood.  That does not mean you can't overlap them, but my guess is when Maxi/Luka/Kai are on the court the focus will be perimeter defense with Green and Bullock (too bad we don't have Dorian any more).

I see Powell as a third string center who can provide some energy bench minutes in certain situations.  I think we should be playing Wood more minutes now and there is no possible argument for bringing him off the bench after McGee.

What site are you using for the stats my brother
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer - by IamDougieFresh - 02-17-2023, 04:28 PM