Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(02-17-2023, 06:00 AM)IamDougieFresh Wrote:

No replies? Is it because you are checkmated, Wood haters?

I'm mostly waiting till I see what Kidd can do after the ASB. Maybe they come to an agreement and Wood is used more, where he actually becomes that defender he flashed earlier in the season.

We might actually forget about this hiccup and Wood will get his money from someone.

Who knows?

Point 1: I agree with, Wood is a fantastic offensive player. I don't think anyone was arguing against that point.

Point 2: I don't think the defense would've been any better had they messed with the center position over the last 3 games because it was transition defense that killed the Mavs. Wood wouldn't have made that better, nor would've Powell or Mcgee. That falls on our coach to make sure the players know to get back and match up, and mostly the wings and guards to get back since it's usually their match up that's pushing the ball. I do think Powell is a better defensive scheme player in the halfcourt, because he actually makes proper rotations and can keep up on the perimeter. His lack of rim defense has always been an issue. McGee theoretically can defend the rim but he's too inconsistent. Wood is bad at both rotations and rim defense. He's also inconsistent at basically everything else. He's shown flashes at solid D, but since returning from injury he's been a turnstile. 

Point 3: The offense definitely runs different when Wood is in the game vs. Powell/McGee because Wood is a fantastic offensive player that can have sets run for him. I think there's an argument to be made to keep Wood on the bench because if not him, who else scores from there? Theo? Hardy? Bullock? Therein lies the issue with Wood. After Kyrie, lack of offense isn't the issue. And Wood seems hellbent on not buying into defense.

Point 4: I agree that's our best lineup and one I hope Kidd uses. Maybe Maxi's defensive brilliance can cover Wood (and everyone else) when he returns to the point where the defense can get back to elite. Him+Green can maybe recreate the magic DFS+Kleber had. 

Point 5: we really need another defensive wing. I miss DFS.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • LukaMVP
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer - by SleepingHero - 02-17-2023, 11:10 AM