Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
I wonder if something happened?  I would just start him.    We all have egos.  I am sure it is not great to lose your spot to Powell after injury and then see freaking McGee enter the game before you now.    Wood was playing his best ball when he was put as a starter, albeit against poor competition.   Just start him...and see how he responds.  Even if the defense is not great.  Just run pick and role non stop with him rolling and popping with Kyrie and Luka.  After 6 minutes, take him out and let bring in the energizer bunny.   

I don't want to start Maxi due to wear and tear and it may be hard to match up their minutes, but you could probably do it in the second quarter and fourth quarter. 

I just see now upside of giving McGee minutes.  I see a role for Powell but more of a bench guy who comes in and makes hustle plays.   Maybe a 20 minute per game role.  Even if we have decided Wood is not a fit here long term.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • mvossman
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer - by Chicagojk - 02-16-2023, 03:49 PM