Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(02-16-2023, 11:44 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: I mean Cuban DID offer him a 70 mil contract. It was Noel who turned it down. After which the Mavs moved on, probably sobering up that Noel/his agent were so deluded that they could get more, they probably shouldn't invest. 

Just clarifying this, because the only thing that saved Cuban from that mistake was Noel himself. 

I'm not going to try and get into Wood's head cause I don't know the guy but here's my take right now as it stands since Wood is subtweeting the Mavs and pouting on the bench. 

Wood in this scenario vs Nerlens is also looking for as much money as he can get. But after the Irving trade, his stock fell at least 2 spots down the totem pole with Green's newfound scoring ability. If I'm Wood, I look around and say I can't get my numbers now to go to teams and say "give me 100 mil.", and the coach won't work with me at all because he wants defense. 

What I think Wood fails to realize is that his big payday was never coming realistically. The 2 weeks he had after Christmas was the closest he looked like being worth an extension and even then the biggest number that was thrown around was 77 mil for 4 years.

I really feel like we're not being told even a tenth of what's going on behind the scenes with Wood because it really makes no sense how this is all playing out.

It's been a long time, but what I remember was that it was rumored that Mavs offered 4/70 but later it came out that no offer was actually made and the two sides were way too far apart.  Seems like there has been conflicting rumors as to whether a two year extension has been offered to Wood or not.  Regardless of what they did or did not offer Noel, I could see where that situation might make them leery of offering Wood the full extension if they thought he had similar "focus" issues.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer - by mvossman - 02-16-2023, 03:44 PM