Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(02-15-2023, 12:37 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I don’t think the FO wanted or willingly tried to sabotage him, but I certainly hope they had a conversation with him after the trade and expressed their goal with him. I would have hoped Kidd would have been in on that call, but if it was had, we know he wasn’t. Since we know Kidd was not, I would have hoped they set up an individual call between the two. Alas, the two came to media day introducing themselves to each other and Kidd told the media before telling his newly acquired player that he was gonna come off the bench.

Not the best foot to start off on, at the very least wouldn’t you say? 

On draft day, every player drafted whether they turn out good or bust gets this treatment, right? Getting off to the best start is just common knowledge in basketball front offices, isn’t it? 

If the intent all along was to just see what he can give us and there were questions unanswered, why was it not until Kidd NEEDED to start Wood the moment to try to build a relationship with him? Does Kidd really have that many better things to do in his life than to get to know him? 

What is the word you would use to describe the situation we put ourselves in in this case?

I don't know, because I don't think we know most of the story of what actually was happening, and why.

My observation is that the Mavs are a very competitive, lucrative business, where the differences between them and the competition are at the margins. As such, it would make no sense that they would do things in a haphazard way. I observe they employ a staff of psychiatrists, trainers, coaches, skill development experts, and more to try to get the best performance out of these guys. The conclusions you draw are close to the exact opposite of the rest of all of that, so I figure there's a ton more to know about what has occurred, that we have no idea.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer - by F Gump - 02-15-2023, 03:26 PM