Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(02-15-2023, 06:22 AM)omahen Wrote: 1 What I don't understand is why Mavs didn't trade him at TDL. Was there really no market for him? 2 Were they considering adding remaining picks and still no decent option was there?.

Apparently there was no demand at the TDL for Wood, in relative terms. You can get rid of anyone just to get rid of them, but it makes no sense if you don't get something in return that you need.

Adding an unprotected FRP just to get someone to take him off their hands? That would be absurd. He's expiring and will be gone in a few months if you want him gone.

Adding an unprotected FRP for a player of value coming back the other way? That's really just using Wood as trade filler, and the selling point is the pick. It still isn't yielding actual value for Wood himself. Re Beasley-Vando, I certainly wouldn't have given an unprotected FRP for that pair. Vanderbilt was a player I would have wanted, but not for an unprotected FRP for him, and Beasley is about the same player as THJ other than the length of the contract, so I don't see value in adding another.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer - by F Gump - 02-15-2023, 11:13 AM