Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(02-15-2023, 01:31 AM)cow Wrote: He's not likely to accept the role or the money that would come with it, but Wood would be another perfect test for my "Kanter as your 6th man" role that could eat against second units.  I'd be surprised if Wood was in the league in three years at this rate.

Wow, I never thought of it before, but Kanter is a GREAT comparison for Wood.

Kanter was always big stats-wise, a big man with lots of points and rebounds (and crappy defense), and he seemed to tease that some team would find the right fit. He got one big 4-year FA contract but after its 1st year his role really shrank -- his lack of defense was too big of an issue, and thereafter he was limited to smaller roles and smaller contracts than the stats might make us think.

Wood is very much in that same track as a player imo.

Eventually Kanter embraced the role of an super-sub and the money that went with it. Under MLE.

Wood may be in that place in terms of what he can offer, and what that means contractually, but not sure he can embrace it. If I'm a team that can't justify giving him what he wants, he's probably dropping off my list entirely, because I have no desire to have to fiddle with an unhappy camper who will frustrate both of us when he doesn't like his role.
[-] The following 2 users Like F Gump's post:
  • KillerLeft, MFFL
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer - by F Gump - 02-15-2023, 01:56 AM