Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(02-15-2023, 01:31 AM)cow Wrote: He's not likely to accept the role or the money that would come with it, but Wood would be another perfect test for my "Kanter as your 6th man" role that could eat against second units.  I'd be surprised if Wood was in the league in three years at this rate.

Assuming he does get a contract from someone else this summer, this will be his 8th team in 9 years. 

Ok ok ok that's a little click bait as it's ignoring him bouncing around trying to make it in the league before truly breaking out. However, after breaking out isn't it a bit puzzling how no team wanted to keep him despite his counting stats?

Like there is no denying Wood is an incredibly talented player. He had a 3 week stretch from December to his hand injury where I was slowly getting convinced he was a 2-way 20ppg center the Mavs lucked into but here we are. 

I find it so odd that after he broke out on the Pistons, they just said "No thank you, we don't care to pay you any sort of money." How often does that happen where a tanking team finds a relatively young 20ppg scorer that's "home-grown" and they just let him go for pennies on the dollar?

HOU also figured that Wood, despite his talent, wasn't good enough for a rebuilding team trying to get back to the promised land. 

Now here we are, the Mavs becoming another team saying to Wood, "hey pal we'd rather look elsewhere."

There has to be something going on behind the scenes. Some sort of poor work ethic behind the scenes to explain this story because it just doesn't make sense. He's a fantastic offensive player with the tools to be a menace defensively and it just never works out no matter the situation. 

I know we've run this conversation into the ground, but I can't get over it. The eye test says Wood can lead a team on offense for at least 6 mins a quarter every game even if he has poor defensive tendencies. A player like that can still survive somewhere in today's NBA yet no team wants him.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 3 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • F Gump, From Dirk to Luka, MFFL
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer - by SleepingHero - 02-15-2023, 01:43 AM