Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(02-14-2023, 06:13 PM)mvossman Wrote:                                   Powel       Wood
Defensive Rating          112.9        114.4
Defensive EPM              +.4          -1.3
DDPM                          +1.6         +.4
DLebron                      +65          +.41

These numbers are due to Powell being a better team defender.  He does not miss assignments and is generally where he is supposed to be.  They both struggle one on one vs quality bigs, but Wood compounds the problem with mistakes.

Wood is clearly the better offensive player and better player overall.  They problem is we now have two generational offensive players and are struggling massively on defense, so you are going to see defense as the priority, especially when both Luka and Kyrie are on the court.  Dan has mentioned that Kidd is hiding Wood against the best bigs, but I think he is also playing Wood when either Luka or Kyrie are off the court in order to maintain the offensive creation.  That might be why McGee is coming in before Wood, because both Luka and Kyrie are still out there and the focus is on defense (which is a joke with McGee but whatever).

In the playoffs, both Powell and Wood will struggle with bigs, but the difference is Wood can space the floor and punish the big offensively, possibly chasing him off the court.  Powell lets the big stay on the court comfortably defensively and the gets punished on the other end.  I expect them to gravitate towards starting Maxi with the two stars and playing Wood when one of them is off the court.
Well said sir. Thanks for the info

I agree that Wood could have the better chance to play in the playoffs depending on how things shake out
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by Jason Terry - 02-14-2023, 08:38 PM