Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(02-13-2023, 04:09 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Maybe because you act like the Mavs tried to dump him for the last two years. Have seen no prove that this is the case.
All trade talks aren´t equal. Why are they trying to move a guy that is curently starting? Just for the sake of it? No. Just like in free agency when they chased after Lowry they are looking for an upgrade. 

But that´s not really how this discussion started. Coming back to it. The coaching staff views THJ as a starter or at least a valuable rotation player. That´s his current standing. That´s his role. He is playing 30mpg. And that´s nothing new. Has been the case since his 2nd season in Atlanta. Indicating that teams value his contribution. Otherwise he wouldn´t be playing as much.
Based on the takes that I am reading on this board he shouldn´t be playing at all. Clearly the coaches don´t agree.
I didn’t act like they tried to “dump” him, that’s you reading into what I said. They HAVE however tried to trade him for at least the last 2 TDLs (maybe the offseason, but there were no reports so we leave that out). That’s not nothing.

I’m in agreement that if he is on the team, he should be starting and playing with Luka as much as possible. I believe that mostly because he is so much worse in a bench role. I’m not sure exactly why that is (attitude issue or what?). You can’t say that his dip in the last 2 years in 3% is anything but a negative regardless of the effect his presence on the floor has.

To bring this back on thread topic, I don’t get why THJ gets all the leeway he gets while a player like Wood doesn’t. To me, he hasn’t in any way gotten a fair shake at getting to play like he wants, or in a more compromising way to get enough data to see what his effect is on the floor. There’s a lot of talk about his attitude and then ignoring what might be the same in THJ.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by ItsGoTime - 02-13-2023, 04:46 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM