Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
I will agree that no one appears willing to do 2 things need to acquire THJ in trade:
A) pay his 30 million outstanding in salary
B) give up a player (s) that Dallas deems worthy of moving on from THJ to acquire.

however, it does not mean THJ is completely worthless, just that not everyone agrees on that worth. Dallas seems comfortable (or at least not begrudging) to allow him to play in a wing shooting position and there is ample evidence that his effectiveness diminished greatly when that role was not as a starter. I would say that he needs to be a starter to maximize his role. I don't know that I like that, but it is what it is when you trade your best wing... Terence Ross got signed by PHX and he was a pretty close analogy to the type of player THJ is. Borderline overpaid, not very adaptable to differing roles without sacrificing production, but not completely worthless either. 

(02-13-2023, 03:48 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: If he is anything but option A, they very well are “trying not to sign him”, why do I have to explain that? We did sign him and ever since have been trying to find a team that likes him as much as we do. We haven’t found 1. Why is it then a sin to say nobody values him the way we do in an argument against a point made that said the Mavs value him more than the fans do. I made the statement to combat that point.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SkenfromLMF's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by SkenfromLMF - 02-13-2023, 04:31 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM