Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(02-13-2023, 03:48 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: If he is anything but option A, they very well are “trying not to sign him”, why do I have to explain that? We did sign him and ever since have been trying to find a team that likes him as much as we do. We haven’t found 1. Why is it then a sin to say nobody values him the way we do in an argument against a point made that said the Mavs value him more than the fans do. I made the statement to combat that point.

I simply don't agree with your first sentence.  If they had 10 choices in free agency that they ordered options A through J in preference, you would never word that as saying they are trying not to do option B.  As far as we know, Lowery was the only guy they went after before very quickly reverting to Timmy.

It would not be surprising if the Mavs valued Timmy more than most orgs because some of his value is in the locker room, and most other orgs only know that by rumor.  Also, even if another org does value him as much it does not mean a deal will get done because there issues of valuation on the other side.  A lot has to go right for trades to happen and I would not consider Timmy not getting traded as a lack of desirability be other orgs.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by mvossman - 02-13-2023, 04:22 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM