Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(02-13-2023, 02:34 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Huh? Were we not trying to sign Lowry instead of him (good decision or not) that very offseason? What did I change in that part if the narrative? The offers he passed up from the other teams (you failed to mention NO offer as well), if they wanted him so bad, he was available to be traded to the very next TDL til now (edit: on a contract less than they were once willing to pay). Why is THJ still on this team? I don’t know just the same as you don’t and your guess is not better than mine!

I would argue that the statement "trying not to sign him" is very different than saying we had over 30 mil in cap space and wanted to go big game hunting first.  You are couching it like we never wanted him and have been trying desperately to get rid of him.  I don't think the evidence supports that.  

He was in trade rumors last TDL after he was already out for the season.  They were looking to upgrade playoff depth and considering we basically ran a 6 man rotation that makes sense.  They didn't get what they considered value and didn't make the trade.

He was in trade rumors this TDL as well.  So were Wood and Dorian (who actually got traded).  That does not mean nobody wants him.  That means the Mavs were willing to trade him if it improved the team.  They did not get an offer they liked and he stayed on the team.

You are right that nobody knows exactly why he is still on the team, but you seemed to be arguing that because he was in trade rumors for two years he has no value on the court.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by mvossman - 02-13-2023, 02:58 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM