Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(02-13-2023, 12:33 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: How about the early/mid shot clock chucks when teammates are open?

While I think Void overstates the case, THJ seems to be a good locker room/cheerleading teammate, and I'm very glad at how much his defense has improved, he's deadly to the Mavs on the offensive end.

I mean, is he?  He has one of the highest offensive ratings on the team.  His OEPM (which accounts for who is playing with on the court and who he is playing against) is 4th best on the team.  In fact for many seasons (dating back to prior to Mavs tenure) his offensive on court impact has been better than what his boxscore stats would suggest.  There is a lot of noise in on court impact, but when the trend lasts for most of a players career it starts to have a lot of meaning.  I'm guessing the reasons for this is that his quick trigger generates a lot more gravity than our 3&D guys who need to be wide open and are much lower volume shooters.  That gravity gives guys like Luka and Kyrie a lot more room to maneuver.
[-] The following 2 users Like mvossman's post:
  • DallasMaverick, KillerLeft
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by mvossman - 02-13-2023, 12:58 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM