Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(02-08-2023, 09:23 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I haven't read the article, but I saw the disagreement earlier, and my take from personal observation is this:

PJ Washington can be a difference making player on both ends of the court...when played at center. I believe the truly false opinion about him that floats around here regularly is that he's multi-positional. For comparison sake, I'm not sure I feel like he's as versatile, offensively or defensively, as Kleber. 

Just my two cents.

Heres the part of the article relating to his defense:

Defense. Defense. Defense. This is PJ Washington's calling card, making him invaluable to this Charlotte team. Surrounded by incapable defenders Washington was asked to fill in the holes to keep the Hornets above the float. Washington has legitimately covered shifty guards like Trae Young to a strong big man like Joel Embiid. He has a rare combination of foot speed to keep up with guards and the upper body strength plus length to give seven-footers issues. This just isn't normal. Washington is the same height as LaMelo Ball and the Hornets felt extremely comfortable playing him at the center position to be the defensive anchor. PJ Washington averaged 1.17 steals/75  (81st percentile) and 2.84 deflections/75 (79th percentile). Additionally, he was in the 89th percentile in rim protection (per B-Ball Index). As you can see the stats back up the Hornets confidence to use PJ as a primary defender for players across all five positions. I have no doubt that Steve Clifford is going to love coaching him this upcoming season. 

But fair enough I really haven't watched him enough to know.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dundalis's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Christian Wood | Mavs working on extension, trade if cannot extend? - by Dundalis - 02-08-2023, 09:58 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM