Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(02-08-2023, 01:45 AM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: I wouldn't really mind losing Wood thru FA.
I just don't want him traded and get the likes of Covington/Crowder.
I rather see him help the Mavs with Kyrie THIS SEASON, and worry about the offseason later.

IMHo, Mavs have a shot at winning it all with Wood than the likes of Crowder/Covington.
The Mavs better take that shot.

If the Mavs lose both Kyrie and Wood, this roster would be abominably thin. The FA market this off season is garbage, it's the following years FA market that's really good.

Completely disagree the Mavs have any shot whatsoever with the team as currently constructed. I don't think they even get out of the second round. The only shot they have is making another significant trade for a high level defender. An OG type is obviously ideal. Which would take Green and a first minimum. Maaaybe, they could with a PJ Washington who is a legit elite defender in the DFS mold, but better and younger.

IMO you can beat Jokic by letting him score as much as he wants as long as your perimeter defense is good enough to stop everyone else. People are obsessed with a big to stop the Jokic/Embiid types, but I think you can beat them as long as you can cover the perimeter. Currently we can't do either. We currently have no truly versatile POA defender, Green can only do it on 1-3, he just isn't big enough for any other position. OG and Washington, like DFS, can guard 1-3, 4's and even some small 5's but are even better defensively. Even then it's an uphill battle just to get out of the west IMO. Would need a lot of things to go right.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Christian Wood | Mavs working on extension, trade if cannot extend? - by Dundalis - 02-08-2023, 04:51 AM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM