Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(02-07-2023, 12:16 PM)mvossman Wrote: What is your comp on this?  Guys who get 19 and 9 on very good efficiency and can create their own shot with suspect defense.  The closest I can come up with is Collins, who is probably better defensively, but not as good offensively, and he got 25 mil (and was restricted).  Guys like Timmy, Powell, Robinson and Bertans who can shoot/score with suspect defense all got roughly 18 mil.  I would rather have Wood than those guys.  Sexton just got 18 as a restricted free agent who can't play defense or rebound and his assist to turnover ratio is terrible.  I would take Wood over any of the guys mentioned.  Who is the guy in his mid to upper 20s with Wood's offensive skill that signed a UFA under 15?

Portis.  I think it is a mistake to think Wood is a 19/9 guy and try to pay him like other 19/9 guys.  Look at his per minute rebounds and point that last year in Detroit and the combination of years in Houston.  It hasn’t changed a bit.  Both teams moved on from him and one, Houston, struggled for months to find a taker.  Did that magically change because he spent a few months in Dallas?
[-] The following 1 user Likes DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • F Gump
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Christian Wood | Mavs working on extension, trade if cannot extend? - by DanSchwartzgan - 02-07-2023, 12:29 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM