Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(02-07-2023, 12:18 PM)Smitty Wrote: The Mavs have never been wrong before.

Brunson

I think everything they’ve done for years (except in the draft, ironically. They are becoming a low key good drafting team) has been wrong. 

I’m just trying to make sense of the plan. This is how I see it playing out.

What I think is pretty blatant at this point is that Wood’s goal is to be an “All Star” who has the ball thrown to him at a variety of spots on the floor so he can attempt to create offense. Just like what Porzingis wanted. Unlike KP, CW is actually pretty good at doing that, but not at an all star, difference making level yet.

The Mavericks apparently NEVER wanted to pay him like that type of player, so that’s disconnect number one. Disconnect number two is that now, after the trade, any and all opportunity or motivation to continue developing those skills with him, at least for this season, have evaporated.

It is literally take what you can get for him at this trade deadline, which might not be much, or watch him expire and walk away in the summer. Those are the choices. Because the Irving trade has put this team in the very definition of a “win now “situation, I’m betting that they are looking at veterans who have actually succeeded in playoff series before.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Christian Wood | Mavs working on extension, trade if cannot extend? - by KillerLeft - 02-07-2023, 12:24 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM