Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(02-02-2023, 12:20 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Let’s talk about Wood’s trade value. It’s got to be fairly limited.  As a rental, he’ll return a dime on the dollar, particularly with the injury. He could possibly be traded for a player on a bad contract, like Collins (Mavs would have to throw something else in and would just be trading one problem for another). Maybe he’s a salary match in a bigger trade?  Low chance. The Mavs aren’t ready for that kind of deal. Only thing that makes sense, and I don’t know the rules here, is to a team projected to be over the cap making a trade and extend or acquiring his bird rights to pay him this off season? I wonder what team is down for that?  Can’t think of many — the Lakers sending back Westbrook and the Mavs getting to dump a bad contract as compensation?  It’s a pickle. Let’s see if the Mavs can surprise us with a competent, positive move instead of another one that reeks of damage control.
Right. To me, he is worth more to this team than what we paid to get him. If we can’t get more than that, I see little reason to trade him.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Christian Wood | Mavs working on extension, trade if cannot extend? - by ItsGoTime - 02-02-2023, 12:28 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM