Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(01-27-2023, 11:48 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: It's not going to happen. They're going to give everything they have to make the playoffs, even if it definitively becomes the wrong move, which I don't think is clear yet. But if/when it is clear, Cuban and the team will be the very last ones to realize it.

If they miss the playoffs it will because they're just that bad. But, with so many other teams struggling just as much with consistency this year, I'm having a hard time imagining that happening.

The worst D in the league gives up 118 per 100.  Bobby K often quotes that Dallas is now 24-9 (I believe) when they give up fewer than 118 per and 2-15 when they give up more.  As much O as we have, what this is saying is if we are just better than the worst D in the league, we are a 60 win team.  Not top 5, not top half of the league.  Just not horrible.

I don’t think it is that simple, but Maxi and a little more D from somewhere would get us there.  The Key is getting that additional D without giving up too much O.  To me, that is the move they should be looking for.
[-] The following 3 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • KillerLeft, mvossman, StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Christian Wood | Mavs working on extension, trade if cannot extend? - by DanSchwartzgan - 01-27-2023, 12:03 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM