Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(01-13-2023, 06:29 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Jabs? Truth, man. We all love Luka, but the truth is that he does not play hard, effortful defense (especially in transition) most of the time. 

If you think Luka plays consistent, effortful defense, then your fandom is blinding you. 

The truth is Luka plays less defense than his teammates most of the time and when he has 5 fouls, he plays even less. Just facts.

I don't want him playing the same level of defense as his teammates. Because he needs 40% usage for this team to have a chance to win. Guarantee he played in a team that had the personnel to take significant offensive load off him his defense is a lot better and a lot more consistent. Even great two way players who have high offensive usage do not play with the same defensive effort as their teammates and take a number of plays off, but the amount of plays they take off is heavily determined by the quality of their teammates to carry the load.

Yeah I want him to do a better job getting back on defense rather than arguing with refs, but that's a different issue than the assessment of his actual defense when set. Someone like Lebron does it quite a bit too.

On Wood, I'm not sure how people are still not sure about him. Players as good as Wood aren't easily obtainable, and I think people are overestimating the difficulty we might have getting a similar or better player. He's a high efficiency scorer and his weakside shot blocking/altering, make up quite a bit for his lack of reliability with one on one defense and ability to get worked over against stronger bigs. The simple fact is this team is utterly lacking in defense anywhere else in the team, you put Green back in the lineup and a DFS and Bullock playing defense like they did last year he'd look even better than he does on that end.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dundalis's post:
  • F Gump
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Christian Wood | Mavs working on extension, trade if cannot extend? - by Dundalis - 01-14-2023, 08:31 AM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM