Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
THJ is playing really well next to Luka. Luka generates great looks and THJ is able to get a shot off on a lot of them, converting them at decent rate. His defense is also pretty decent. I think it also shows that offense became much more dynamic since they inserted THJ in the starting line-up. It was just too many very limited offensive players (DFS, Bullock, Maxi and also Green to an extent). THJ problem is when he tries to create - he is really bad in that role. Amazing we have plenty of data confirming this and coaching was still trying to make him something he is not. So, when thinking about moving THJ, I think it is important that his replacement brings a lot of what he can on the table on the offensive side. 

In my ideal scenario, I would actually keep THJ and move SD to 6th man. Contracts used for trade would be Bertans, Bullock and McGee.

Luka, SD
THJ, Hardy
DFS, Green
new guy, Maxi
Wood, Powell

Of course we don't live in an ideal world and more likely than not, at least one of the guys from the list above would be gone in a trade for a good "new guy". If it is DFS, can Green step up well enough? If it is THJ, can we bring in a good enough offense first rMLE guy?,...

On the side note - if someone is offering good assets at the TDL for any of the THJ, DFS, Maxi, I would strongly consider trading him.
[-] The following 4 users Like omahen's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, F Gump, KillerLeft, Nowitzki Way
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Christian Wood | Mavs working on extension, trade if cannot extend? - by omahen - 01-05-2023, 10:57 AM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM