Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
Two areas that have impressed me about Wood lately:

1) He has made some plays on defense...mostly shot blocks.  There is probably more work needed on this end of the floor and I can understand the concern if he will be able to hold up in a playoff series.  But he has been a factor at the rim and there is hope for continued improvement.

2) Woods seems to know the Luka is the Sun and everything revolves around him.   At the start of games, he may not touch the ball for 3-4 possessions, and when he finally gets a touch he still will make the right play and not force anything.  I think this is where KP struggled.  When he went possessions without getting the ball, he would routinely take a bad or real difficult shot when he got the ball.    Wood seems to realize that just by being in the right spot, Luka will get him 10-12 easy points a game.    There will be times where Wood is the center of the offense but he has done a good job not forcing these situations.
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • F Gump, MFFL
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Christian Wood | Mavs working on extension, trade if cannot extend? - by Chicagojk - 01-05-2023, 09:12 AM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM