Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(01-04-2023, 08:21 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: But, you have to ask yourself why wouldn't he just bet on himself with the potential for a $30mm reward six months from now.

I think the answer is simple - things can go wrong. He may have a bad playoff series, he may injure himself. I think if the offer on the table would be 4 years, it would be more or less a no brainer from his perspective, even if you think you can get up to lets say 90/4 in the summer. 

Now, 36 mil contract is of course far, far less than he could get in a four year deal if he plays reasonably well. I find it unlikely he would accept that. TO doesn't give him insurance if things go wrong for him. 

I think Mavs negotiating position is not very strong. Neither from PR nor from team building perspective they can't afford another fiasco. I think this "we will explore trade market" is a bluff Wood can easily call. FO is always exploring possibilities anyway. I doubt they could get much more than they paid for him and their only real win position is if they resign him. I think Wood gets at least three years when things settle. If we take Collins, that was mentioned several times around here. His contract is bigger than what Mavs can pay to Wood, even if they give him 4 years.
[-] The following 2 users Like omahen's post:
  • ItsGoTime, KillerLeft
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Christian Wood | Mavs working on extension, trade if cannot extend? - by omahen - 01-05-2023, 03:06 AM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM