Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
Not entirely Wood related, but I find it fascinating how slim the line is between a good GM and a poor one.   A lot of times it is razor thin and in real time there are real justifications for most of the trades that don't turn out well.   The magnifying glass is even more intense if you are lucky to have one of the true difference makers in the league already on your roster.   

Right now things are not looking rosy.  McGee was a miss and the roster if filled with middling guys at or near 30.   But this offseason could look much more promising if Wood is a hit.   I don't even want to say second best player on a good team.  Lets set the bar at being the 4th best player (maybe second highest scorer though) on a contending team.    Also, what if they got a hit on Jaden Hardy in the second round?   Both, especially Hardy, are TBD, but then things start to look better.   Could they repeat these type of moves this upcoming offseason?   Maybe it is a bigger move and than finding another prospect hiding in plain site.   When you already have one of the elite guys, it doesn't take much.  I would just highlight you need to focus on guys who know how to play and guys who are mentally tough.  Luka is ready to win now, so you need these type of guys to fill out the roster.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • Nowitzki Way
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: All Things Christian Wood | extension "unlikely"? Mavs open to 2 yrs? - by Chicagojk - 01-04-2023, 12:28 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM