Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(01-03-2023, 06:54 PM)sterlingmallory Wrote: I don't. If he doesn't want to accept the extension then I think we should trade him at the deadline. Also, if 2/36 is insulting, then why is 4/77 all that much better? It's the same AAV, just more years. If he wants 25 million a year or something then he should reject the extension outright. And if he does, then as I said, we should trade him at the deadline.
That part of this discussion is why I said I wasn't replying for or against Wood. I'm not gonna claim what an insulting offer is to him without his input, I know at the beginning of the season he wanted to get starter money and make the all star team. The All star team berth gained legs with that SVG tweet. If he does make it, there will most definitely be a team that wants him and we will look back on this saying, 2/36 is an insult. If he isn't an all star, there is a lot of difference between $17M starting and $25M that could be acceptable. All teams will get the benefit of watching him in the playoffs to determine where that money lands.

I'm closer to your line of thinking in that if he doesn't extend, then trade him. However, I don't think his trade value is gonna bring back much. If it brings back some future potential, that would be the best outcome in that scenario.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: All Things Christian Wood | extension "unlikely"? Mavs open to 2 yrs? - by ItsGoTime - 01-03-2023, 07:08 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM